Posted by mandfmike
Henagon

Re: Windows 10 sieht nicht zum Starten des Dienstes bis Anmeldung

Is this build for TV11, TV12 or ALL versions? I'm not paying for TV12 when TV11 does all I need it to do.

Posted by chrullrich
Digon

I have written a workaround that works for me. If any of you are desperate enough to consider using it, you can find it at [link removed]

However, I seriously recommend that you do not use it, because you have no reason whatsoever to trust me with administrative access to your firewall policy, which is what it needs.

Posted by Wiedholz
Henagon

Re: Windows 10 Sieht Nicht Zum Starten des Dienstes BIZ Anmeldung

TeamViewer scheint an einer Lösung zu arbeiten, heute Morgen habe ich eine Mail erhalten, dass hier in diesem Thread ein neuer Beitrag von WouterGlas geschrieben wurde.
Warum dieser Beitrag vom Support wieder entfernt wurde kann ich nicht sagen, er enthielt aber bereits 2 EXE-Dateien, die lt. Angabe von User WouterGlas funktionieren würden.

MSI Dateien so schrieb er, würden im nächsten Release von nachgereicht werden.

Inzwischen funktioniert der Download der EXE-Dateien nicht mehr mit dem Hinweis, dass der Support diese entfernt hat.
Meine Tests mit der Host-Version dieser Dateien war aber auch erfolgreich!

Es gibt mir etwas Hoffnung zu wissen, das der Support zumindest an dem Thema arbeitet. Auch wenn ich mir wünschen würde, dass sie uns besser über den aktuellen Stand informieren.

TeamViewer seems to find a solution to work this morning, I have received an email that here in this thread a new post was written by WouterGlas.
Why this post has been removed by the support I can not say it contained but already 2 .exe files, that would work according to the specification of user WouterGlas.

MSI files so he wrote would in the next release of be submitted.

Meanwhile download of the .exe files no longer works by pointing out that the support has removed these.
My tests with the host version of these files was also successful.

It gives me something to know hope that the support is working at least on the subject. Even though I would wish that they better inform us about the current status.

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Thank you for your contribution here.

Yes, it is true that we found a solution for the problem - we gave a CustomBuild to a few customers to test it and it seems like we finally found a fix for the problem.

However, we cannot publish this version at the moment since it is a CustomBuild and not an official TeamViewer release. I will inform you, when we published an official version.

A big THANK YOU to everyone here who helped us with giving system information or testing different things Maurice asked for.

And of course a big THANK YOU to @Maurice our developer who fixed this.

Cheers

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Windows 10 does not look to start service until logon

Hi again,

We've discussed this topic again internally and have come to the conclusion that we want to share with everyone the Custom Build that contains the fix.

Here you can find the links (version 12) for the Host module and the full version:

Host module
Full version

We do NOT guarantee that this version is without any bugs – as I said in my previous post, this is not an official release. There could potentially still be other bugs included – it’s up to you if you want to install this version or not.

Cheers

Julia
Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by mandfmike
Henagon

Will they be coming out with a fix for a version 11?

Posted by Wiedholz
Henagon

Hallo Julia,

gibt es schon Informationen wann eine MSI Datei verfügbar ist? Für das Ausrollen per GPO. Die Host-Version läuft auf einer Testmaschine bisher ohne Probleme.

Darf man erfahren wodurch das Problem entstanden ist und wie Eure Entwicklung es lösen konnte?

There is already information when an MSI file is available? For the roll-out via GPO. The version of the host runs on a test machine so far without problems.

Can you tell us which the problem occurred and how your development could solve it?

Highlighted
TeamViewer Staff

As far as I know the MSI file will be available with the next official release, or shortly after that.

As for what the problem was, or what we fixed. The TeamViewer service tries to connect when it first starts using TCP. on port 5938. For some reason this first connection fails on some systems. This could have a couple of reasons (Firewall, network not yet ready, etc.). In theory this should not matter.After the first failed connection attempt the service tries to connect using HTTPS, and that's where the problem was. For HTTPS it's possible that there is a proxy in use and proxy settings are normally user settings. So the service checks if there is a user logged in and tries to impersonate that user. And for that check we had a bug because we didn't filter out app container users, which were introduced in Windows 8 to limit access to unneeded resources (e.g. the network). Until the Windows 10 Creators update this didn't cause any problems, but after it the TeamViewer service found such a user and impersonated it, which meant the serivce was using a user that has no access to the network device. So we fixed our check for logged in users and filtered out app container users.

Maurice
Software Developer
10 Replies
Posted by Bauer
Digon

Thanks for the explanation.

In our case, it was the firewall, blocking the way out of our network. Any unnesseccary ports are blocked (including 5938), and HTTP(S) is only allowed for authenticated users. Before the Creator's update, the Teamviewer service was still able to pass through for whatever reason, but after the update, the impersonation must have triggered the blocking mechanism, leaving the service unable to notify the TV server.

The moment I opened up port 5983 for outgoing traffic, a test computer from inside our LAN appeared in my contact list as online.

As I highly doubt that TV 10 will get patched (that's what we use), I have to evaluate to either keep that port open or simply allow all HTTPS traffic to TV servers (which should work as well, according to the explanation above)...

Posted by RussellR
Photon

For anyone trying this, it is NOT port 5983.  I spent too long scratching my head on it.

The correct port is TCP/5938.  (as in, your PC will talk TCP from a random-high-number port to the TeamViewer servers at destination port 5938).

Had a coworker try inserting the firewall rule just to make sure I wasn't going screwy.  His dyslexia kicked in and he read 5938 on the above post and viola that worked instantly as described.  Double checked with TV support documents (should have done to start with) and the correct port is TCP/5938. 

Posted by dcdear
Digon

Confused by this answer. 1703 doesn't run without this KB in place?

Prerequisites

If you are running Windows 10 Version 1511, to install this update, you must have installed cumulative update KB4016636, or a subsequently released Windows 10 cumulative update.  If you are running Windows 10 Version 1607 you must have installed cumulative update KB4015217, or a subsequently released Windows 10 cumulative update.  Note:  KB4013214 is required before Windows Update will download and install the Windows 10 Creators Update. 

Posted by jsme84
Henagon

This issue is still happening and its causing me huge issues. Can you please advise on a fix for this? On computers running Windows creator update, when I restart the computer teamviewer does not start even if start with windows is ticked. It is a real issue for me because i rely on teamviewer to provide IT support to our users. I am 5000 miles away and have no access to these computers - the end users have no clue when it comes to IT so are enable to assist me in any way.,You have been harassing me to update to Teamviewer 12 over the last couple of months and this is the service we get? Please provide me with a solution to the issue this week or I will have no choice to seek an alternative.

Posted by Mkolberg
Trigon

the [x] insider build fixed the Problem.

Posted by TimCFT
Henagon

Is there an MSI version of this update? We install via GPO so an exe is no use to us.

Posted by Wiedholz
Henagon

Until this version it is ready and available as a release, i use the Windows Installer Wrapper Wizard (WIWW) Tool to create an MSI. This MSI calls the EXE file. The EXE is not include in the MSI.

This way i use to share the program with GPO on the network.

Here you can download the WIWW-Tool: WIWW-Tool

Posted by mosatch
Henagon

Is it possible to get these files put back up? I'm not seeing them on box.

Than ks.

Posted by nicktuf
Digon

Can these files be made available again? We're rolling out a fleet of new machines with 1703 installed and this problem is occurring on all of them! Any word on when the fix will be added to the official release?

Posted by mosatch
Henagon

Looks like it's available if you enable insider updates within TV and then check for updates.

Posted by nicktuf
Digon

Looks like insider builds are only available for the client end, not the host where the problem resides.

Posted by Wiedholz
Henagon

The Fix is on Page 1 tagged as Solution.

Posted by nicktuf
Digon

That "solution" is a custom build, the links to which no longer work.
Posted by zoo55
Henagon

The so-called "solution" does not, unfortunately, work on all pc's.  I have two pc's, both running Creators (Destroyers?) Update.  One restarts, the other doesn't.  It is incredible that this is still not fixed.

Posted by Mulsambe
Digon

I confirm the same kind of observation.

I have uninstalled TV from my 4 PCs and installed the latest version.
On one PC, I am still unable to log from the others.

Very sad that this problem is still not solved.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Checked TV on firewall settings for port and it is set to use any port, so this didn't apply or work for me.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

I went to both of these and they only say now that it either is unavailable or been removed.

Posted by chrullrich
Digon

The links work for me, specifically, the links in the post from "Julia" on page 4 of this thread that is linked from the green "Go to solution" box in the first post. Installing from the full version download works as well, but I have not tested whether the problem is still fixed; I know it was before.

If you install this one, be sure to disable automatic updates, or you will quickly end up with a later version that apparently does not have the fix.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Thanks so much.  I had only done the one from the TV tech.  Yes it downloaded and so far it works! I have unattended access again! 

Thanks again for responding so swiftly - I really needed it to work soon!

Walt

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Well nevermind.  It eventually shut down and looks offline like before - even though it actually isn't.  Once the pc signs out, it will last for a couple of minutes for access but then just stops and goes "offline".  So back to the drawing board.  Thanks for trying, it almost worked.  I still need a solution quickly.

Posted by mandfmike
Henagon

Good Luck with that quick solution. I've been waiting for months for a quick solution with this issue on TV11. I've gotten nodda.

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Has anyone tried checking the TeamViewer service? Is it set to automatic, have you tried running it under its own account instead of a system account, or telling it to run under your account always (give it your windows username and password)? If someone wants me to walk them through this, I am happy too.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by nicktuf
Digon

The Service is running fine, the problem, as described by Julia, is a compatibility issue with Teamviewer and the Windows Firewall. Teamviewer have a solution for it, but I'm not happy using a custom build as it could contain other bugs and I assume has not gone through the full QA process.

Posted by dcdear
Digon

Completely agree with nicktuf.

Posted by mandfmike
Henagon

I have done that. It will show it's online, but when you try to connect, it does nothing but says connecting for a few minutes. Doesn't connect until user logs in.

Posted by Vibes
Digon

As an update from me now that I am back in the UK and able to work on site.
I have upgraded 5 devices to Windows Creator. Using the dowloadable Host software in the solution page I was able to connect to all computers remotely.
I removed the Host software and installed TV12 on 4 of the 5 devices and checked the "insider" option. All installed the "Test" TV12 programme. I was able to remote each computer without a problem. Rebooted all 4 devices and they came back on line and I was able to connect again.
However on my final Reboot I went to each computer and logged in locally. One gave a "network drive not available" error, however this did not occur again so it may be nothing. Only problem is that the background on each computer was black, even after a local reboot, and the users theme had to be set back locally.
Otherwise it looks as if we are on for a good release soon

Posted by Craig70130
Henagon

For what it's worth, this problem also occurs on Windows Server 2016, at least the 2016 Essentials Edition.  I have not had the problem with any of my 2016 Standard boxes.

Disabled Windows firewall - nofix.

Installed the build from the link on the previous page - nofix.

Enabled "insider" builds - nofix.

They haven't rolled out the "Creators" refresh for 2016 so it seems something in a monthly update caused the issue possibly.

This machine is a brand new build and is as virgin as it gets - no 3rd party software installed yet, etc.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Yep, I have done so many combinations of ticking this box or that, and more and it still won't work past 5 minutes after the pc signs off.  I have one other pc I access unattended remotely for personal use and even after all updates TV works without a hitch.  All so strange - it just isn't normally this hard.

Hoping for a solution quickly.

Posted by Craig70130
Henagon

Funny thing is I have probably 20 Win10 machines with the Creators Update having no problems at all.  I'm only having it on this one  2016 Server Essentials box.

Posted by chrullrich
Digon

It might be a different issue then. Could you try getting a WFP event trace following the instructions at <https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff428146(v=ws.10).aspx>? This is a bit more difficult because you have to log off from the server to actually reproduce the problem. We can solve this problem by using a remote shell that can remain connected all through the procedure.

Essentially, it works like this:

1. Log on to the affected system's console.
  2. Log on over the network, through "winrs -r:hostname cmd" or PowerShell remoting.
  3. In the remote shell:
    • Change to the directory where the trace should be saved
    • Run the command "netsh.exe wfp capture start cab=off"
  4. Log off from the console. Wait until the computer turns offline in TeamViewer, which should, of course, be nearly instantaneous.
  5. In the remote shell, run the command "netsh wfp capture stop".

The next part will be much easier if you have seen the inside of an XML file before.

There should now be a file, several MiB in size, named "wfpdiag.xml". Open this file in a suitable editor. Notepad will work in a pinch. The root element is <wfpdiag>, and within it, first <sysinfo>, then <initialState>, then <events>. Look for the start of the <events> element. It will be at approximately line 100,000, possibly much further down depending on the number of firewall rules you have.

Look through the <netEvent> records for one that refers to "t.e.a.m.v.i.e.w.e.r._.s.e.r.v.i.c.e...e.x.e."; the file names are rather obvious to the eye (or search for it, but this string appears many times within the <initialState> as well).

If there is such an event, look for its <type>. If it is FWPM_NET_EVENT_CLASSIFY_DROP, make a note of the <filterId> number two lines down from the <type>.

Now go back to the top of the file and search for <filterId>(that number). From the first match, look a few dozen lines upward to the start of the enclosing <item> element. Just below that, there are <name> and <description>. If they are both "Block Outbound Default Rule", congratulations, you have the same problem that this thread is about.

If it is a different rule, your problem is also different. If you are certain the rule (the whole <item> containing the filterId, about 80 lines or so) does not contain sensitive information, you could post it here and I'll look at it.

Posted by fred7
Electron

Teanviewer not running on Remote Computer

Previuosly I could log in to my remote computer on the login screen.

With Windows 10 I cannot. Get message that Teamviewer is not running. 

It actually is but I do not get the login screen for my account.

Previously it worked perfectly.(Windows 8.1). Will the Update posted above solve this problem?

Posted by fred7
Electron

Re: Teanviewer not running on Remote Computer

Just to add. This above problem hapens when the computer goes to sleep or is automatically rebooted after an update. Evrything fien if I can loggin on the computer itself.

Posted by dcdear
Digon

Is there an ETA on when this will be in general release? I am not able to use pre-release software.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

They released it and I did a complete uninstall and fresh reinstall of the new build and nothing changed.  Actually both of the pc's I access remotely now I can't access once they signoff.

TV worked so flawlessly for so long, I am a bit discouraged with this.

Posted by mandfmike
Henagon

Looks like LOGMEIN here I come.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Could we please remove this as being marked "solved."  Numerous people are still having the same issue without any change.  Please provide a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks so much.

Meanwhile i will go ahead and begin a new thread.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000254 EndHTML:000002986 StartFragment:000001998 EndFragment:000002954 StartSelection:000001998 EndSelection:000002954 SourceURL:https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/TeamViewer_12/message-id/4989

So with no answer to the dilemma I kept searching for anything to help TV 12 work finally for unattended access (which did not work even after the new update).

I am grasping at straws at this point with no answers yet from TV, so I happened on a random attempt among many: My solution at least was to go to the Power settings in Control Panel and reset the computer HDD to never shut off even when signed out.  3 hours later I can still access.  

Now keep in mind this was already set this way on the one pc I access, but went ahead and set it to like 4 hours, saved, it, then set it back in as "never" and so far it is finally working.  So before throwing in the towel with TV 12, check this setting and try it.

Hopefully this helps some to reolve the glitch in TV 12.

Thanks.

Posted by nthompson
Henagon

Hello, I too have had this problem, it also effects Remote Desktop & local VMWARE PC's

what has worked for me is "power settings" -> "Change plan settings" -> "change advanced power settings" -> "sleep" -> "Allow hybrid sleep" -> make sure this is set to off.

Best Wishes Nick, Ps I love Teamviewer.

Posted by TimCFT
Henagon

I think we're wandering off topic here. Obviously TeamViewer will go offline if the computer goes to sleep or the HDD is switched off. This issue relates to TV not coming online after a reboot.

Offering a "solution" which involves manually installing a new version of the software is not acceptable, particularly where the issue is making remote support impossible. We have TV deployed to around 200 clients, most of which we no longer have reliable remote support available for.

Posted by wrswaim
Trigon

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the exhortation, and if misleading I apologize.  Not sure if you were directing at me o the "solved" marking on  the other reply.  Nevertheless, let me clarify and leave it alone after this. (any caps in letters are not yelling just for extra emphasis)

MY solution ONLY - not THE solution - was that even after the new update TV 12 - and a reboot - still didn't work properly.  None of the "solutions" or the recent "fix/path" worked still on any of my pc's, the problem persisted.  

Down to trying anything I wandered into there and noticed the power settings were not as before and returned the hdd to "never" shut off.  I also know this is obvious (I've used & fixed pc's since 1987) but happened onto this when no changes to these settings had been made before - and on one pc "never" was already set, so I reset it.  Also having the "never" setting on before did not change that TV 12 would not work regardless.  But now it does.

So this was entirely relevant as it related to TV not coming on after reboot - this fixed it for me (though any change to the hdd power/sleep options before changed nothing, now it does).

Now 12+ hours later I can still access them and so I offer this as just another "give this a try when nothing else technical works" kind of "solution" that may work for even just one other person who may be unaware.  

We are a community and help each other where we can knowing that other fixes exist for particular pc's and others won't - in the hopes that TV will fix it all as they have done in the past.  No wanderings, just one helping another find solutions.

I do sincerely hope a fix works for you, and fast.  Thanks again for being of help and hope you have a great weekend.

Posted by Krauthammer
Henagon

Hello

We have the same problem after win 10 creators update

Posted by mandfmike
Henagon

Don't seem to me they are interested in a fix. LOGMEIN here I come.