Posted by tonyh
Henagon

Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete account?

Okay, yes, it's my fault I've lost the Recovery Key.  To be honest, I can't remember ever actually seeing the recovery key in the first place, which seems to be a common thread here as well...

I'm on Windows Insider for my Lumia, and somewhere along the line the Microsoft Authenticator app was updated, and I've lost all my accounts.  Basically, I'm ***bleep***.

I saw a user have a similar issue recently, and he was able to organise for his Team Viewer account to be deleted, in order to start over.  That's painful, but I'm thinking that's probably the only avenue I have left.

If a support person reads this, could they please PM me and let me know how this can be organised?  I have to register a work email address in order to post this ... the account that will need to be deleted is a personal email address.

Thanks!

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

Re: RE: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete

If you are a paid customer, contact support directly. If you are on a free account, reach out ot one of the forum Mods and they will work with you to get your account deleted.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
18 Replies
Posted by tsuijker
Henagon

Re: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete acco

I currently have this exact same problem. If any support has a solution i would really like to be informed of it.

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

RE: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete

Hi @tonyh, hi @tsuijker

Thank you for your posts. I have sent you a personal message, please check your mailbox.

I'm looking forward for your response.

Best regards.

Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by Penalscum
Electron

Re: RE: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete

I have a similar problem, but with android update crashing on me. I still logged in on some devices, but cant add new devices. I really dont want to create new user because its like from 2012 year. I still can delete my accont, will i be able to create a new one with old email and username?

Posted by boscar
Henagon

Hi, my recovery key is not working to disable to factor authentication and I want to disable or delete my account. How do it do it? Thank you.

Posted by Alexandru
Digon

Re: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete acco

hi,
have the same problem, help to recover my account please, thx.
Posted by Alexandru
Digon

Hi,

Have the same problem, help me too, please :)

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Message one of the Forum Modorators, they can help you get your account deleted.

If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Also you guys should consider changing your authenticator app to Authy. Authy allows you to backup and sync your 2FA keys. I actually discovered it and switched to it because of all of the 2FA losses that have occured here.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by mayers
Henagon

I lost access to my account and want to disable or delete my account I got the galaxy S8 and forgot to port over to my new phone....:( Let me know what needs to happen. Thanks!

Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon
Solution

If you are a paid customer, contact support directly. If you are on a free account, reach out ot one of the forum Mods and they will work with you to get your account deleted.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Highlighted
Posted by mayers
Henagon

Not paid I'm a freebie user MODs please PM me! Thanks!

1 Reply
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Waiting for a Mod to find you will take a while. I suggest going to the main community page, Scroll down to the bottom and you will find the section with members online. Most of the users who have a personal picture (not one of the normal animations that the forums let you use) will be someone who can help you. Higher ranking members (such as my self) would be the exception to that. Currently @Esther is online.

Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by yudi
Henagon

Hi @Reyhan

I have the same problem. Could you please help me reset my account too?

Thanks,

Yudi

Posted by Skulcar
Electron

I have the same problem with my main account (not this one) @Reyhan.

I switched mobile phone and sold the old one. Now I can't access my Teamviewer account, nor the community, as I can't even find my recovery code.

Is there any way I can get access to my main account?

Thanks

Posted by Dra6o0n
Henagon

One of my other account with 2 factor authentication is basically locked out, and it's tied to my main email address, and since I changed phones I didn't realize that there was a additional recovery key that is only viewable from after login (most sites uses SMS to verify or at least send a email for recovery).

Since I made a new account today, I want to delete my old one as there's nothing special, except that I'd like any possible personal information to be deleted.

I can't login to the old account btw even after I guessed the right password, due to it asking for security key and I don't have the recovery key as well.

A Private Message so that I can relay account information to a moderator can do if he will delete the account for me (the old one, not the one im currently using).

*I enabled 2FA in the first place because I noticed random contact requests and someone trying to brute force the account itself*

Posted by Ruby
Henagon

I have the same problem with my main account (not this one).
Posted by qtman
Electron

Re: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete account?

I also want to remove old account for which 2FA is activated. Thanks.

Posted by tade2ktw
Henagon

Re: Windows Phone Authenticator wiped accounts, don't have Recovery Key, how to reset or delete account?

The problem is basically the same. I'd appreciate if a moderator could reach me. I lost the 2FA since my phone got wiped while it's been repaired, and the recovery code doesn't work. I've even sent some messages to the Members of the Team here on the Community website a while ago, but still nothing has happened, and the system said I ran out of private messages now.