Won't even try to connect for remote session

Last I used this was the end of last week and it worked fine, but starting today when I try to connect to my home PC from my work PC it simply doesn't seem to even try to connect. I can sign in on the installed client (v12.0.78313) and see a "Ready To Connect (secure connection)" at the bottom of the screen but in the right pane it shows the login dialog box instead of automatically signing in like it always has.

I have no issue signing in by clicking the button and I see my remote PC's listed, but if I try to connect to one of them it does absolutely nothing visible. Normally it would say "connecting" or something to that effect and open a new window for that remote session. In this case it just sits there as if I did nothing.

I rebooted the system....twice.....with no change. However, I am able to connect without issue from my iOS app to that same system I am unable to connect to from my work PC.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Almost identical here, except mine will ATTEMPT to connect...but then tells me: "A connection could not be established.  Partner could not be contacted at the given network address."  Now, this is NOT TRUE, because using my mobile I CAN CONNECT... so... WHAT?

• I'm posting this twice FLKaraoke in the hopes you get it!

SO - I have had my issue RESOLVED!  I completely removed my Internet Security - but that was NOT the problem.  I shut down all my Windows Security and Firewall - but that was NOT the problem.  SO I decided to investigate previous 'Restore Points' and rolled back my computer back to the last 'Critical Update' - which I THINK was the most recent large Windows Update for Windows 10 (I forget what they called it, I keep thinking it is Service Pack).

ANYHOW, the roll back DIDN'T WORK, BUT in restoring it back to the current settings IT REPAIRED THE ISSUE WITH TEAMVIEWER!!!!!  I can once again access other computers, and access my main computer from offsite.  I am a happy chappy.

SO, maybe if you're brave enough...you might like to try it, because I THINK all that was wrong was that last Window's 10 update didn't properly install.  GOOD LUCK!

• FLKaraoke
    FLKaraoke Posts: 7 ✭✭

Mine actually resolved itself. I simply tried it again an hour later and it started working.

I am still concerned about the generally "bugginess" of new releases though. I have a months old thread that Teamviewer has still never addresed about when adding new PC's in v12 it disconnects them after 5 minutes.

• I agree fully with previous author. My TeamView, licenced and payed for, is not worth the money. Very buggy and works randomly - ok about half the time. Rest of the time it just says "Ready to connect" but it doesn't.

• robsid
    robsid Posts: 1

Did a full delete Teamviewer ( Add/Remove programs in Control panel)

When given the option: Do not save any settings from previous installation.

Delete Teamviewer folder in the Programs Files folder.

Download current version of Teamviewer and then install.

Works perfect for me now in Windows 10.

• NatGrant
    NatGrant Posts: 4

I have a variant of this issue. I have 2 laptops that I remote access to using TV. On Monday I could login to both of them. Yesterday and today, one of them I have access to with no problems at all. The other one, is behaving the same as behaviour in the thread, yesterday -  it attempted a connection, today it doesnt look like it even attempts to connect. I am baffled to why one is working and why one it not. Any ideas??