computer stuck on old company license

Hi, at my old company I used my laptop and it was added to the central management so I could use their TV license. Now I have left the company my computer is still using their license which I need to stop. I am also stopped when their pool has been exhausted and can't use the free license. Can you tell me how I can remove my computer from central management license when I don't have access anymore?

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Ying_Q
    Ying_Q Posts: 2,587 Moderator

Hi @geoffro,

Welcome to TeamViewer community and Thank you for posting. 

If the license your company uses is TeamViewer Business, kindly check out deactivate device from your Business license for further instruction. Please noted that the licensed account need to be login. 

Hope it would be helpful to you.

Warm regards,

Ying_Q

Community Moderator/中文社区管理员
  • geoffro
    geoffro Posts: 4

Hi Ying,

Thanks for getting back to me. When I go to the management console it says free license. When I go to the app on my computer it says paid license, I guess because it picks up that this computer/mac address is assigned to a business account.

Is there a way to add the computer back to my account so it removes it from the old company one?

Screen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.38.42 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-19 at 2.39.27 pm.png

• Ying_Q

Hi @geoffro,

Thank you for sharing the information.

Can you kindly check whether TeamViewer accounts are matching when you signin on TeamViewer Managemetn Console and TeamViewer software please.

• If they are the same accounts, kindly open TeamViewer Management Console with the licensed account then check again for device removal;
    • If they are different accounts, can you kindly check on TeamViewer -> Help -> About TeamViewer for license type please. 

If you are not able to process device removal on a TeamViewe Business license, or the license is not TeamViewer Business license, Kindly raise a support ticket with your licensed account for further supoort assistance please.

Ying_Q

• geoffro

Hi Ying,

They are both the same username - is that what you mean by matching?

It seems the license is applying to the device - I made a new test account and if I use that account then it still picks up that the device is managed by my old company. Even if I uninstall and remove settings.

I believe the administrator at my old company could remove it from their portal but I don't really have contact with them anymore.

Under about it says License: PaidLicense

This article seems pretty similar - talking about how the license is tied to the mac address https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/General-Questions/How-to-uninstall-license/td-p/9655

• Ying_Q

Hi @geoffro,

Thank you for getting back to me with more information.

In this case, since you are not the owner of the license and don't have access on the licensed account, Can you advise the previous company administrator to contact TeamViewer Support Team for the assistance on removing device activation please. Unfortunately that the request has to make from the license owner and community moderators are not able to assist for device activation removal.

We thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ying

• geoffro

As I said I dont have contact with them - I guess I just have to use another product since I can't remove their association with my computer