files transfer cannot navigate to folder

GraemeJ
GraemeJ Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have been using TV 12 for quite a while with no problem but recently file transfer started showing an error message that it cannot navigate to a folder on the local computer. They are the same folders that I previously transferred to/from, nothing has changed.

The dialog box won't go away until I force TV to close using the task manager.

Anyone got any ideas of what might have changed or how to fix it?

Comments

• nadamas
    nadamas Posts: 1

In case this can be usefull: When I was blocked with the modal message box, I moved the offending folder to another place.  After some OK clicks the File Transfert stopped trying to navigate the folder and proposed other folders for the transfert.  When completing OK one transfert the problem vanishes.  I have no idea on what is the root problem.

• BryceX
    BryceX Posts: 1

This appears to be related to at least the new version of OneDrive in Windows 10, I have the same issue with my TV12, when I remove the folder from OneDrive directory to other directory, the problem goes away, however, whenever I navigate into OneDrive directory in TV file transfer, the same prompt will come back.

• GraemeJ
    GraemeJ Posts: 4

Turns out the problem stems from the new "files on demand" feature in onedrive. When files on demand is checked, files are not stored locally unless you open them and TV cannot access the onedrive folder. If you uncheck files on demand, TV can then access the folder. Drawback is that onedrive will store all files locally, taking up space. If you can afford to give up the space, no problem.

• knallie
    knallie Posts: 1

Onedrive is completely removed from my computer.  I'm having precisely this problem with network connectivity, so the problem presents without OneDrive being installed at all.  In the past network drives were easily reached and used.  The complete error message is as follows:

"navigation to folder not possible "\\": the service has not been started . (Error 2184).