how to change language in the Management Console?

Mitto
Mitto Posts: 10 ✭✭

Hello,

Windows 10 ENG, Chrome ENG, Location - Germany.
My Management Console in Chrome is German. How can i change language?
If I open Management Console in IE11 - it has English.

thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• Mitto

is there anyone alive?

• Mitto

Thank you, Katharina!

you had better put this menu of languages in ore prominent place, maybe under captcha.

• deejinoz
    deejinoz Posts: 34 ✭✭

I was banging my head against date formats defaulting to US (MM/DD/YYYY) rather than Australian or UK or even German (DD/MM/YYYY) format, long enough to search online (nothing in their manual and nothing on this forum about the specific date format issue, only language issues, which affect the date formats, it turns out). I ended up having to open a support case to have a support rep eventually, after a couple of goes, give me the correct thing to look out for (language menu tucked away at the bottom of the console logon screen!)

What I find truly baffling about this is how the TeamViewer product development team seem incapable of integrating this into a more sensible part of the console. Surely it would be something better or more intuitively managed within the user's profile, after they have logged on? Better still, the devs could so easily have the language settings detected automatically, from the browser to respect the browser's language/region settings already set.

For a German product to appear to be defaulting to US language settings and making changing this such a poor experience for us all is truly bizarre!

I'm sure there's a thesis here for someone regarding cultural imperialism through technology.

• Neoneo
    Neoneo Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Hi! I found this thread because I have the same issue. All my languages are set to English but the management console is displayed in unclear Dutch and I can't find a way to change it.

There's no option to change the language before logging in, and I can't find it after logging in either. How can I change the language to English?