iOS 1 minute timeout - how to extend

When connecting to a PC from an iOS device the connection will timeout after one minute of inactivity (for example when the iOS device locks).

Can that one minute be extended and if so how?

Thanks,
Roger.

Comments

• I’d be very curious to know how to fix this as well.

• Yes I agree too - it's so annoying as you might switch apps to quickly check something and then you come back and TeamViewer has logged out.

It seems even less than a minute.

This has seemingly got worse since the last IOS or TeamViewer update.

Please help team viewer this is so annoying!!!

• It's not just disconnecting, it seems to crash in background.

When switching back to TeamViewer i have to login again. And it's less than a minute, that freakin "Connection will stop in a minute" Popup appears about 6-8 seconds after leaving TeamViewer, and about 20 seconds later it's always gone.

Thanks for **bleep**ing up the software we bought!

• I have this issue as well - and I agree with the user above who noted that it seems like it's even less than a 1m timeout often. I rely on the iOS version heavily, and when I switch to messages to send a text to the user by the time I finished typing and switch back, not only is my session timed out, but I have to relogin as well. I'm a commercial customer, and I'm not up against concurrent session limits or anything like that. 

how is it that this issue was opened in May of 2017 but has received zero response from teamviewer personnel in the intervening 2.5 years??

• Quite right!!

Team viewer support people - hellooooo?

is this forum just for fun or does anyone monitor or act upon paying user issues??

• indeed VERY annoying!!

please check on this support

• kristian_e
    kristian_e Posts: 2 ✭✭

There has been problems with applications background execution rights in iOS in general. At least with other apps I own and their developers sharing the problem. It's part of a fight against global warming. I really hope that TeamViewer engineers are having negotiations with Apple engineers, but it's actually Apple that has to be convinced to allow apps to do things otherway.

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭

@kristian_e wrote:

There has been problems with applications background execution rights in iOS in general. At least with other apps I own and their developers sharing the problem. It's part of a fight against global warming. I really hope that TeamViewer engineers are having negotiations with Apple engineers, but it's actually Apple that has to be convinced to allow apps to do things otherway.

Hi, It's certainly a weird problem, and maybe Teamviewer is unable to pin-point IT.

But Greeks are here to help! :) Thank you for investing in Greece!

I figured out that if your try to run something as administrator that triggers UAC despite your reply the one minute timeout and app crash stops.

So for the time being there is a little work-around. Let us know if it works.

Lefter.is

• Cavadias
    Cavadias Posts: 11 ✭✭

It might also related to sound chimed while optioned for UAC , so maybe any sound can work, playback a small wav file.

• I have the same issue, I would be haapy to know how to fix it.

• Bmacuser
    Bmacuser Posts: 1

Same here. I got told from Support:

Unfortunately that is the setting in place set by Apple for all apps in order to save battery time. We are working on a different solution together with Apple to have that limit changed for our app. 

Now since 2017 is an issue and no solution between apple and Teamviewer? I was just upset that I didn't know the limit before buying a license which I just use to support mobile devices... 

Cheers

Bjorn

• If your device is jailbroken there are tweaks which make this entirely possible 

• Hello, I am using TeamViewer to help friends who required IT assistances. I’ve been connecting to IOS on iPad and I keep losing connection in even less than one minute.

I’ve tried connection from PC (windows) and MAC (OSX) and the result is always the same.

Is there a way to stay connected at least 5 to 10 minutes ? I’ve installed QuickSupport on those iPad.

Thanks for your help!

• Bozhie
    Bozhie Posts: 0

Hi there, when I open up quick support and give my friend the passcode they can see my iPhone screen however first off they cannot touch my screen at all second off If I swipe and go to another app, for example in safari, and immediately the QuickSupport app pops up a notification in the notification bar saying your session will be disconnected in 1 minute and once you come back to the QuickSupport app quickly the notification is still not valid any more and the app session stays connected. Can you please help me? My friend has iPhone we tested Ito n his phone as well and same thing happened.