iPad <->iMac ... session = active, but no control

Hello everybody! 

I am going crazy! 

I have been using TeamViewer for a while & I've always had little troubles with it, but now it's just driving me INSANE!!! 

I have looked through the forum several times, I have searched for solutions online, everywhere... and I can not find the answer to my problem. 

I want to access my iMac at home via my iPad, which I'm using when I'm on the go. 

I have TeamViewer installed on both devices, I am able to connect them (the sessions show up as active in the session list), I can see my desktop on my iPad, but I can not click or do anything! Nothing at all!

It's set to "Full Access" and I haven't changed any settings at all! In the session list the blue arrow is activated too.

What is wrong? What am I doing wrong, because of course it is my fault. But how can I fix it?

I have colleagues who've been using TeamViewer as well & they have looked over my settings, iMac & iPad and they also can not figure it out.

Please help!! 
Thank you!!!

corxy

Comments

• What version of OSX (and TeamViewer) are you using?

• corxy
    corxy Posts: 3

@Manuel_PRTX wrote:

What version of OSX (and TeamViewer) are you using?

My iPad is running iOS 12.1.4 & TeamViewer Version is 14.1.150514 CL

On my iMac I’m running macOS Mojave 10.14.3 & TeamViewer Version 14.2.2558

Not sure why & how, but I finally got it to work.

I can now control my iMac from my iPad but the quality is a nightmare! There is no way I could actually do any work. Maybe type an email or two, but it is completely impossible to do any work in any of the Adobe programs.Every movement I make with the cursor is taking forever & of course I can not be precise with it. 

Also connected the iMac with another identical iMac & it’s the same problem. The quality is so bad, there’s no way we can do any work. 

All devices are connected to stable high-speed internet, so that can not be the issue. 

So disappointed... 

• I asked about the OSX version because you need to give TeamViewer access under Security/Accesibility to be able to control the iMac on newer versions of OSX (unlike Capitan, Sierra ... I think this started either with High Sierra or Mojave). This is what usually happens when you can connect, but cant click on anything. Another posibilty is, if you are using the free version, that when dissconnecting the message that says "This was a free session" is being displayed on the Mac and when you connect again you get the login screen but can do anything unless someone restarts the Mac or closes the dialgo box. Its a weird issue, doesnt make sense, but this happened to me with a Mac a while ago and I found posts about some ppl having the same issue.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/TeamViewer-General/Stuck-At-Login-When-Connecting-to-Mac/td-p/4945

About the sluggishness there has to be another underlying issue.

I work wirth ALOT of devices via **Third Party Product** and TeamViewer on a daily basis (Windows, Mac, Linux) and I have never experience slugish behaviur unless there an network/Internet issue  or the device Im connecting to has 3+ monitors running crazy high resolutions and in my experience TeamViewer is actually faster on these scenarios than **Third Party Product**.

• corxy
    corxy Posts: 3

Dear Manuel, 

Thank you SO much for your thorough efforts and help! :) I truly appreciate it. 

I still haven't solved the sluggishness problem, but at least I can now access my computer and do some work. Even if it's a nightmare to work in InDesign and Photoshop, when you can't see what you're doing, because the reaction is so delayed and the screen quality so bad. 

I've tried using different iPads, computers, ... on different WiFi in different places - no difference.

Oh well...

I've actually had better luck with Google Remote Desktop during the last few days.

Thanks again for your help! Really. Thank you! :)