mac updated, now can not connect to PC host

Lucidus
Lucidus Posts: 11
edited May 2023 in General questions

I just updated my Mac TV to v14.7.1965 following a message saying the host I was trying to connect to was running a newer version. The update appeared to be successful, but it still will not connect, gives msg "incompatible TeamViewer versions", says host is runnng newer version, asks if I want to update, then says I have the newest version. What can I do to resolve this impasse? Thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• I have the latest version of Teamviewer, but cannot (since this morning) communicate with several remote PC's. Teamviewer states "your partner uses a newer version of Teamviewer. Do you want to update your version of Teamviewer to establish aa connection?"

You can either cancel or update. Since cancel terminates the session, you can only choose "update". Update then tells you "Teamviewer 14.7.1965 is the latest version at the moment"

clicking OK brings you back to the remote control screen. Effectively this means I cannot communicate with my remote PC's

• Hi,

I had the same problem. Conencting from Mac to Windows machine. What I did:
    Downloaded a new version for mac os (from the default download page). Installed it. Connected to the machine (somehow password changed, but I got the password from my gf) so now it works. 

• @simbabima1337 wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem. Conencting from Mac to Windows machine. What I did:
    Downloaded a new version for mac os (from the default download page). Installed it. Connected to the machine (somehow password changed, but I got the password from my gf) so now it works. 

This also worked for me ... same issue, same solution