macOS Catalina

Has anyone gotten Teamviewer to work on Catalina? When I connect from another computer, I just see the desktop background and the menu bar at the top. Yes I realize this is beta software etc. Just wondering if anyone has had any success.

Best Answer

Answers

• tyke
    tyke Posts: 2

That indeed worked, thanks!

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi all,

thanks for your messages.

Please see also TeamViewer is preparing for macOS Catalina for more information.

Have a great evening,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Brilliant!

• What about the people who have bought license to Teamviewer 12 also not working with Mac OS Catalina.  This is far from being solved!

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @Suzy76 

Thank you for your message.

Kindly refer to the Support Operating Systems article:

2019-11-20 11_42_11-Which operating systems are supported for which TeamViewer versions_.png

MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) is only compatible with TeamViewer versions 14.7 and higher.

It is not possible to install TeamViewer 12 on a device running MacOS 10.15 Catalina; TeamViewer 12 would only be compatible up to MacOS 10.13 (High Sierra).

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• So we are forced to upgrade to higher version and no solution will be provided for teamviewer version 12?

• JoshP

Hello @Suzy76 

Thank you for your post.

Please refer to the TeamViewer Product Lifecycle Policy.

In section 3.3 (Maintenance phases), Active Maintenance of versions starts with the release of the version and ends with the release of the next version. This includes OS compatibility.

TeamViewer Product Lifecycle Policy - Active MaintenanceTeamViewer Product Lifecycle Policy - Active Maintenance

Once the new version of TeamViewer is released, we cannot guarantee Operating System compatibility, as some major Operating System updates alter or remove components that older versions may have used.

You can download the full TeamViewer Lifecycle Policy pdf here.

Josh P.

---

• we are installing a corporate License of Team Viewer 12 on Catalina with no issues, and we have learned how to use it so to say it CANT be installed is a very bold statement because I KNOW it can.

• JoshP

Hello @kennethh 

Thank you for your message, and the feedback.

You are correct; I should not have used the word not. Rather, I should have used 'compatible', as I did in my second reply.

Regardless, version 12 is not a supported version for MacOS Catalina, as mentioned in our Supported Operating Systems article, and it would not be updated to become compatible with the latest MacOS or any other Active Maintenance, per our Product Lifecycle Policy.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Josh P.

---

• Hello

I've uninstalled TeamViewer on my iMac and right after I restarted the iMac. Now, whenever I try to put on the computer it takes me to the login page where I put in my passwords. As soon as it loads all I get is a black screen and a small popup box:

"Unrecoverable error.

SecurityAgent was unable to create requested mechanism TeamViewerAuthPlugin:start.

OK"

Clicking "OK" makes no difference. 

Apple doesn't know what to do. The one I spoke to didn't at least.

Any advice please let me know.

Thanks in Advance 

• Suzy76
    Suzy76 Posts: 4

This wokred for me Teamveiwer version12:

If you can see everything, but cannot control, try the following on the Mac you want to control: 

1. On the Mac that you want to control, go to System Preferences > Security > Privacy > Accessibility.
    2. Un-check the TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop entries.
    3. Check the TeamViewer and TeamViewer_Desktop entries again.

If you still cannot control the Mac and it has "Start with system" turned on:

1. Turn "Start with system" off on the Mac you want to control (Remote Control > Unattended Access).
    2. Restart that Mac (just in case).
    3. Open TeamViewer again (still with "Start with system" off).

Can you control that Mac now?

• Hello

I can't see anything. The screen is completely black with a small pop that doesn't do anything 

• When I click on the solution thread I am returned here so I can't find it.  Please repeat the soluiton in this thread or fix the links.  Thanks.

The problem is below:

Has anyone gotten Teamviewer to work on Catalina? When I connect from another computer, I just see the desktop background and the menu bar at the top. 

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @befreetech1 

Thanks for your message.

I think you find the solution in this article: How to control a Mac running macOS 10.14 or higher 

Hope this helps,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• eariano
    eariano Posts: 1

I have the same problem, is there any solution ?

• D_Dale
    D_Dale Posts: 3 ✭✭

Teamviewer does work on Catalina... I just did for a client... her old mac Was High Sierra using Time Machine backup, i used it to move all of her files and applications over... try to install Teamviewer 12 of course it won't since Teamviewer will not certify it does not have any virus or harmful software... has nothing todo with running n Catalina.

Well the time machine backup moved Teamviewer12 over from the old Mac High Sierra to the New iMac Catalina... Low and behold Teamviewer 12 WORKS!

I too paid for a Lifetime I have several inquires why they refuse to support Lifetime owners!

I get if Apple OS refused to allow Teamviewer to work, BUT Teamviewer was requested by Apple to confirm their software was virus free and not harmful.

Another tactic to force us to go to Yearly subscription kiss our $$$$$ Lifetime money goodbye