move existing user to new account: email address is already in use

Hello,

For a while I had user created in Management console and recentry deleted.
Issue is that we have two diferent corporate accounts for TeamViewer and in fact I need to move one user from one account to other.
Potentially I could delete user from old account and recreate on new one, however I cant create new user based on same email, error: This e-mail address is already in use

How to permanently delete user from account?

thank you

I supose that this user does exists

Best Answer

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @MindaugasM,

Thank you for your post.

When you remove a user from your Company Profile, it does not delete the account; it simply reverts it to a free account. The account itself remains active, but is no longer licensed. A TeamViewer account can only be fully deleted when a) the account does not belong to any Company Profile and b) the account is logged in to the Management Console (as the delete option can only be seen by the account itself)2018-10-16 09_53_12-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Therefore, if you attempt to recreate the user under a new Company Profile, it will inform you that the account already exists. In this situation, the best option is to use the 'Add Existing Account' option found in the User Management section of the Management Console.2018-10-16 10_02_17-TeamViewer Management Console.png

2018-10-16 09_56_08-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Simply go to https://login.teamviewer.com/cmd/joincompany and log in with the account you wish to move to the new Company Profile.

Once logged in, you will be prompted to provide a Company Admin's email address.2018-10-16 09_57_47-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Once submitted, you will see the account request on the new Company Profile!

2018-10-16 09_59_14-TeamViewer Management Console.png

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• Hello,

I am still experiencing issue to move account to company profile.

background:

the user with email address was added to company1 and then deactivated.
    Now when we try to add this user with same email to Company2 it gives error that:
    Your account is disabled. Please talk to your company administrator.

However in management console I dotn see deactivated account :(

• tki
    tki Posts: 1

Where is this 'new Company Profile'? How can I access it.

I have tried to add a new user, which it says already exists. Then when I sent the link to add an existing account, then I never get a notice to any of my emails, and I have not found this 'new Company Profile' you talk about to accept an existing user wanting to join.

Thank you in advance.

• Dear Team,

I'm facing similar issue where I had deleted one relieved user but he rejoined the company, when I am creating his new ID the message prompting "This e-mail address is already in use" but I am unable to see anywhere also not in solution provided "User managment -> Tools -> Show Inactive user". Inactive users tab itself is not there.

Please refer to below screenshots: 

2019-10-07 17_27_34-Clipboard.png

TV Error1.JPG

Looking forward towards solution. Thank you.

• Deploy
    Deploy Posts: 1

This is against GDPR and privacy regulations. I whe delete a account all the information on behalfe of the user must be deleted.

Teamviewer MUST not keep the E-mail adress

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 918 Moderator

Hi @Deploy

thanks for reaching out to us. Welcome to our wonderful and helpful community 😀

I think you could have misunderstood the question asked and the information shared on this thread.

TeamViewer is GDPR compliant. You can find more information here: https://community.teamviewer.com/English/kb/articles/33344-teamviewer-and-gdpr or visit our trust center here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/trust-center/compliance/

Let us know if you need more information

Have a nice weekend

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)