my teamviewer was hacked ...

Hello, on 28th september, my teamviewer was hacked. Someone has taken control of my computer, without me knowing this person, and without me giving him my ID nor my password!
After that, when I logged into my Teamviewer account installed on my smartphone, I received a message from Teamviewer saying that I was suspected of using the program for professional purposes, which is not true...
What can I do please?
Thank you in advance

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,052 Former Community Manager

Hi @ccatheriine

I am sorry to hear what happened to you.

Please have a look at this article about TeamViewer and Scamming and report what happened to you via this page: Report a scam.

Please make sure to change the TeamViewer password for incoming connections both for the random password and your password for unattended access.

How to change for the random password: 

If you would like to change the random password manually you can hover with the mouse over the password field and a circle-arrow appears. Click the arrow and choose Create new random password 

create new random password.png

How to change your password for unattended access:

The personal password is a password defined by you. If you enter a password, you will be able to use that password anytime in place of the randomly generated temporary password to access this computer (unattended access). 

Under Extras --> Options --> Security--> Under Personal password (for unattended access) --> Password --> Type in your password --> Confirm password  Repeat your chosen password to confirm it --> click OK

The password you are choosing will never be visible to you or anybody else. Instead of the password you will see black dots. 

You can remove the password by deleting the black dots. 

unattended.png

For the suspicion of commercial use, please check out this article and request an unblock via the form provided in the article. 

Thanks and stay safe,

Esther

Former Community Manager

• Ok thank you Esther, I will take a look to that tomorrow.
    Thank a lot ;)
    God bless you