pass presenter in meeting

Until recently, I've been able to use my TV business license to create a meeting, have a client join me in the meeting using quick join, and then pass presenter role to them, without them owning a license.

Over the last month or so, whenever I attempt this, we get a message that I cannot pass the presenter role because they have a previous version of TV. 

What are my options to resolve this within TV?  I need to be able to see and manipulate their computer, but most of these clients are small businesses who cannot afford a TV license for the extremely rare situation where I need to see and manipulate their computers.  If I cannot do it with TV, then I'll have to find something else to use for collaboration.

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @dale_fye,

Thank you for your message.

Your clients do not need a license. They just need to update their TeamViewer to the latest version.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: How do I update TeamViewer?

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Jean

Community Manager

• dale_fye
    dale_fye Posts: 3 ✭✭

so, are you saying that my clients should download the full install and indicate personal use when i send them a meeting request?

• JeanK

Hello @dale_fye,

Sorry for my confusing words. What I wanted to say is that they need to use the latest version of the QuickJoin.

You can find it here: Join a meeting: TeamViewer QuickJoin

This should work fine.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• dale_fye
    dale_fye Posts: 3 ✭✭

So, when I get this message, that they don't have the latest version, why don't they get a message asking if they want to update?  That would make much more sense.

Dale

• JeanK

You are absolutely right - this would make this easier in this situation.

However, technically it has been decided not handling this situation this way.

For users who have a license only working this a specific version, this would cause compatibility issues.

But thank you a lot for your feedback - it is always very valuable for us.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager