Posted by sircrazy
Photon

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

Not working in 12.0.82216

I am still getting the unmute microphone prompt.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

@sircrazy

It's not fixed :( but they have it listed as FIXED on the first post so I guess it will NEVER get fixed. It's been BROKEN since May and to this date it is STILL BROKEN Linux to Winblows.

You can roll back to a working version but it is a pain. :( You need to un-install the broken version, (keep settings) install FILE version 12.1.11706.0  or earlier and you won't see the annoying UNMUTE MIC! And be sure to DISABLE automatic updates.

Or just switch to DWS I have about half my computers switched a lot less bells & whistles but no errors! Switching four more right now GRRRR I drove out rolled them all back to a working version. Then someone hit UPDATE when it kept telling them "There is a new version" I told everyone DO NOT UPDATE TV!!! So I will just install DWS and be done with the stupid UNMUTE MIC! Until someday when TeamViewer decides to ever FIX IT! 

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

New version today!!! YEP STILL BROKEN! At this point it's just a dam joke!
I mean really guys HOW HARD CAN THIS BE TO FIX???

tv-ver-12.0.83369.0-broken.png

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

In case you need help THIS VERSION WORKS. If you can't seem to get it right at least let the newer NOT working version be over-written by an older version. Then I could just roll back to the working version remotely.

tv-ver-12.0.77242.0-works.png

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Easy fix for those trying to roll back remotely. :) Install DWS login (ERROR free), uninstall the broken version (KEEP THE SETTINGS), reinstall the version that works, DISABLE automatic updates! Boom easiest way or just switch to DWS. For uploading or downloading files TV but DWS is free. 

Highlighted
Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

When someone releases the exploit that takes advantage of this bug (if they haven't already) TV will take notice of it.  Really don't understand this; there's a code change that implemented this bug, a change that could go back to a particular build.  Remove that code.  Patch the rest.  The longer they wait, the harder to re-implement subsequent code changes.

As I say, it's a matter of when, not if this vulnerability will get exploited.

1 Reply
Posted by CraigL
Photon

It is something that will not get fixed because they simply do not care. It is the same with requiring browser and computer verification over and over for the same machine and browser used from day 1.

Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

[edited]
tv-ver-still-broken.png
SO DAM SICK OF SEEING THIS HUNDREDS OF TIMES A DAM DAY!!!
Are you ever going to REMOVE fixed because it is STILL broken! This is by far the most costly software I have ever purchased. And it's been broken for almost 7 months! This is just stupid!

I will just start phasing TeamViewer out for DWS since it looks like it will never get fixed! 

Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi all,

Please rest assured that we are very much aware of this issue and are still working to resolve it. It has not been forgotten. We certainly appreciate the annoyance it causes, and we apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Jeremy
TeamViewer Quality Assurance Engineer
Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

@Jeremy

Thanks for the heads up and thanks to all the staff for removing "Solved" on this thread.

It would be great if you guys could make it so we could remotely roll back any newer version to a older one? That way if there is ever a problem like this one it is easily fixed/patched/ until a permanent solution is found. Right now the only solution is un-install & reinstall which I have been doing. :smileysad: 

And if Auto-update is turned off & set to NEVER check for updates - TURN OFF the update notifications so people will stop updating to the broken version.

Posted by jelabarre59
Trigon

It would be great if you guys could make it so we could remotely roll back any newer version to a older one? That way if there is ever a problem like this one it is easily fixed/patched/ until a permanent solution is found.

And if Auto-update is turned off & set to NEVER check for updates - TURN OFF the update notifications so people will stop updating to the broken version.

Unfortunately the second would require them to re-issue/recompile the last non-broken version to add that feature in.  Certainly a good suggestion for future builds for the next time some long-term defect becomes a problem.  (I know I'd like to see Android take on a "don't prompt to update blocked updates" function, but I don't think Google is competent enough to implement it).

Ultimately it seems a lot could be fixed by fixing/updating the Linux client, but it seems TV no longer has anyone working on the Linux client.

TeamViewer Staff
Solution

Update available!

Hi everybody,

we have just released a bugfix for this. Please read more here:
[Update: Linux 12.0.85001] Bugfix for "unmute microphone"

Also, please note that we have a dedicated board for Linux.
You'll find all Linux related news & announcements there.
TeamViewer Linux Community

All the best,
Daniel

Linux Developer
Posted by beast-usa
Tetragon

Re: Update available!

THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!!!

I just upgraded my Windows test machine to the newest version (which causes the error) upgraded my Linux and checked it. NO MORE MIC MESSAGE! This one is working in Linux!
I have been looking at that error so long I gave on hoping for a fix.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Posted by saivajr
Henagon

It's really annoying. This did not use to happen in the past. I can see many people have the same issue here. Could someone from the teamviewer devs give us a bit of help with it?

My regards,

saivajr

TeamViewer Staff

@saivajr, just install the update, as suggested 3 posts above.

Linux Developer
Posted by Tauro
Henagon

Updated and issue resolved thank you.

Bit annoyed though it states upgrading to version 13 I will need a new license?  I paid my annual subscription back in July so that is suppose to give me access to all new builds I thought!

Posted by saivajr
Henagon

Yes indeed. I had to read through the whole discussion to find the solution in the last post. I was quick to comment. Thanks.

Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Tauro

with a running subscription license you can use the current version without the need to pay an extra fee.

With a perpetual license, you can update your exisiting license to the new version to work with TeamViewer 13.

I hope this info helps you.

All the best, Esther

TeamViewer Staff

Dear @Tauro,

I assume you are talking about the Windows version?
Actually, it doesn't matter: You don't have to install TeamViewer 13 beta, you can install the latest TeamViewer 12 for Windows or Linux. The issue is fixed in each.

In case you are trying to connect to TV13 machines: Yes, in that case you would need a new license and install TV13 on your side, too.

Linux Developer
Posted by Gregg
Electron

Well it "might" be a solution if I was running Linux on either end.

But I am not, so this is a rather poor excuse for a "solution"

Maybe you should just call it "Viewer"??, because it sure appears there is no "team"-work going on here. Very poor for commercial software. Most of the people using this software are techs, involved with solving clients problems. What the heck do you do when the makers of the tech software cannot solve a simple problem??

TeamViewer Staff

@Gregg, can you please clarify which exact version you use on each side and what the remaining issue is?

Linux Developer