Posted by 774
Henagon

"Your license limits the maximum session duration" for FREE personal use

I try to use Teamviewer to assist a friend to make some application settings on their PC but keep getting timed out and then locked out before the update processes on their PC can complete.  The dialog box that appears informs as follows "Your license limits the maximum session duration", yet I have the impression that even the FREE personal use version should have no time limit.

10 Replies
10 Replies
Posted by TECMiami
Photon

Re: "Your license limits the maximum session duration" for FREE personal use

This is terrible!  It is a very confusing message!

What exactly does this mean???

Posted by Arrta
Neutron

I just started getting this as well. I have used TeamViewer for personal use for years without issue. I have it installed on my work PC so I can remote in to my house. I also have it installed on my dads computers as he can run in to "issues" I have to fix and its more convenient than driving 30 mins to fix it.
Today, after using TeamViewer in this same manor for years, I started getting this message connecting to my home. And free users have no way to contact support, so I'm stuck with a service I cannot use.

Posted by hockeyfrog
Henagon

I'm in the same boat.  I'm hoping this is a glitch, because I think TeamViewer is a great service.

Posted by Duce
Electron

I am having the same issue.

Posted by joshC1
Henagon

I'm very curious at this point, seeing that many people have the same issue as I do. I sent an email to Teamviewer Support almost a week ago and have not heard back from them. Is this a way of telling us that there will no longer be a free version?  I used this for my PCs at home and I do not have a business, but T.Viewer kept insisting that I'm a business user. I've been using this for over 5 years now. Has anyone else had contacted support and get a response?

Please share your experience. Thanks.

Posted by bgbadwlf
Photon

i''m getting this message no matter what login i use and even when i don't login it.  it also looks like it's affecting all my computers that use the free version.

Posted by unfairdetection
Henagon

They are trying to bully people into purchasing a license.  It's the same problem with false commercial use detection.  They can get more money out of personal users by falsely detecting commercial use.  They make it impossible to get help unless you pay for a license.  Their online ticket submission does not create a claim number or ticket ID or number.  They are motivated by greed.  They figure we can give the software away for free, get market **bleep**, then hit people with false detection and poor support forcing them to pay for a license.  They are no better than a lowly drug dealer trying to get you hooked on their product.  Notice that you have to select ALLOW A SALES PERSON TO CONTACT ME now to get help on false detection?  If you don't select that option, they will basically ignore you as they did me.  I've been waiting forever for my fix, and they just don't care because I'm not a paying customer.

Posted by regchan
Electron

i get an advert saying my connection partner or me is using this as comercial use that i am NOT

Posted by Digifluent
Neutron

I started getting this message today when I only use Teamviewer for my home computers (everyone in the family has one) and for my parent's computers (because they're old and need a lot of hand holding). 

Every time I log into my secondary computer now, it shuts down after a minute and says I can't log in for another 10 minutes when I go to log back in. 

I submitted a personal use form for each of the main home computers I use. If this isn't resolved by tomorrow I'm looking into alternatives.

Posted by zookeeper
Neutron

I've been getting the message for just over a week after almost 2 years of normal usage.  I can't get any answers.