team viewer 7 license

rissi17
rissi17 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I bought a license for Teamviewer 7 years ago and my version has been upgraded to version 9.  Did my license just transfer to the newer version?  I did not sign up for monthly payments.

Thank you.

Tony

Tagged:

Comments

• Orchid666
    Orchid666 Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've been using version 7 for years.
    Recently, for my clients, temviewer 7 software automatically updates itself to version 9, making it impossible for me to connect to the client machine.

• Yuri_T
    Yuri_T Posts: 2,256 [Former Staff]

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

With regards to the auto update from version 7 to version 9, we are happy to inform you that we have moved our user base altogether to a modern architecture with a free and automatic license upgrade of versions 5-7 to TeamViewer 9, so all our customers benefit from recent improvements and security updates. Please note that this does not mean that you have signed up for the subscription. It remains as a perpetual license.

We have sent an email individually about it. Also you can see this announcement for more information.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.

All the best,
    Yuri

Former Japanese Community Moderator
  • Orchid666

Dear Yuri ! My version 7 license code is not suitable for upgrading to version 9. Free license appears after upgrade, no business license. I'm really sorry, but I didn't read the teamviewer support email that contained the installation information. What to do? Regards

• Yuri_T

Hi @Orchid666 ,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to assist you individually, please call our support team.

You might need to activate your license, but we need to look more details in order to solve the issue by our support team.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. We thank you for your understanding.

All the best, Yuri

• Orchid666
    Dear Yuri, I assume that there is no communication with the telephone support in Hungarian so I can't call teamviewer support because I don't speak English. My question is, can version 7 stay? Is Upgrading to Version 9 required?

• Yuri_T

Hi @Orchid666 ,

Thank you for your reply.

We kindly ask our clients who purchased version 7 to install TeamViewer 9 until January 15, 2020 as version 7 will not work any longer with our server infrastructure from that day on.

However, this is the General answer for those who purchased version 7 and community moderators can't check your contract via the community.
    You would need to have this discussion with our support team to make sure . 

Therefore, I have created a support ticket for you.  Please wait for an reply from our support team. 

We thank you for your understanding in advance.

All the best,
    Yuri