the username and password you entered does not match any account on record

suddenly today, i am trying to login to the teamviewer software, and i am getting this message:

the username and password you entered does not match any account on record

i logged to the web console to see if my account is logged from somewhere else, but no, there was no other sessions or anything. and i can log to the console from the web!

let me know what to do!

thank you.

Tagged:

Comments

• DanNewson
    DanNewson Posts: 1

Try and end the TeamViewer process then re open the application. 

• Contact [emailaddress removed], he is among the few poeple who do legit hack work and trust me Ive met a lot of them

• I tried this with no success.  Other possibilities???

• Same issue for me - can log in online with no problem. Clicking on a computer icon there opens the local console without difficulty. After completing the session, I try to reopen the console and get the "...does not match..." error. I then close the client and re-enter using the web and click on an icon there - again, no problem establishing the connection.

• slayer
    slayer Posts: 1

I had same issue, when I paste my password from clipboard.

When I type password from keybord it works fine! Try to type password from keyboard instead to paste it! 

• Same here. Loging into the Web consule works with no issues, however using the Client for mac  (Version 13.2.14328) I get the following error message: "login does not workThe e-mail and password you entered do not match any accounts on record". Retyping the password instead of copy/paste did not do the trick for me.

• pjbaker
    pjbaker Posts: 2

FOUND A SOLUTION FOR ME. I HAD A LONG PASSWORD WITH LOTS OF CHARACTERS.  I CHANGED THE PASSWORD AND SHORTENED IT AND NOW IT IS WORKING FINE.

• Ditto. My original password of 50 characters worked on the Windows client, but not the Ubuntu client. A new 25-character password worked on both.

• Qablooie
    Qablooie Posts: 3 ✭✭

I'm having this current issue today when trying to 'assign to my account'. Login to web console works fine. I do NOT use an exceptionally long password as some have mentioned. Tried restarting the program to no avail. Uninstalled, restarted reinstalled... same issue.

• McDulle
    McDulle Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

I've been using teamviewer for a long time now, and ran into the same issue.

Is there a solution? Is there a limit to the amount of computers you can add on a free account?

Tried reboot to no avail

The machine is a vm but a manual login is succesful.

• McDulle
    McDulle Posts: 2 ✭✭

Nevermind my bad, an keyboard issue made a different caracter