time limit on remote sessions

loaded teamvierer on to a Zorin 12.04 linux box and the proceeded to start a session with a windows 7 box . after about 5 minutes our session was ended then I attempted to reestablish a session and was informed that we need to wait. With the free version is any option avaible to remove the time limit. We are one Not for Profit Mens shed help another Not for Profit ments shed.

Comments

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @wize4 

Thank you for your message. 

Can you please check which versions you installed on both sides?

Looking forward to your answer. 

All the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• wize4
    wize4 Posts: 3

well no i have not tested this again or solved the issue.

As we are both Not for Profit mens sheds and only meet  for a few hour a week and I am awaitng the Tamworth brach to get back to me to test the issue , hhowever they have had internet conectivity issues as well.

But we are looking at this later to day just off the phone to them.

• wize4
    wize4 Posts: 3

just updating the remote version.

will be back intouch 

• Hi Natascha,

This is probably a new thread but I'm new here and can't see how to start one!

I've used the free version for years with no trouble to communicate to an old laptop on my boat to see the systems are working properly while I'm not aboard. I use it once a week, or so.

I logged in yesterday after several weeks non-use and now I am being timed out after about 45 seconds because the remote PC 'might have a licencing problem'. Nothing has changed, and both local and remote are using the latest versions. My local is 15.10.5, running Windows 10 and the remote is 'up to date' when I ask it to update, using Windows 7. I can't read the TeamViewer version because I've got about 30 secs to find where it is reported before I'm timed out!

can you help, pelase?

D

• finally got to read version on remote: 14.2.56676.

it is still reporting that I have the latest version - so not sure why that's not 15.10.5 unless that's not supported by eariler versions of windows.