Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

unable to achieve Capital letter L any which way.

Hi, got a really odd problem, I cant type a capital L when connected over teamviewer, I know its something to do with teamviwer as if I log off teamviwer and use google remote desktop it works fine, something in teamviewer itself it preventing this key from being typed. 

I cant SHIFT + l

I cant put the caps lock on and type l

I cant use onscreen keyboard either, its really odd.

Up runtil yesterday I was able to log off teamviewer, log back on again and have capital L working but it would stop working a few seconds after that.

I know its not my keyboard or mouse as I unplugged them all and my machine i'm connecting from at work is ok as I can get a Capital L on that, which is how i'm managing to type capital L here.

Anyone any ideas?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: unable to achieve Capital letter L any which way.

whats even more odd is that if I create a autohotkey script and map another key to L it still doesnt type it, something on a fundamental driver level in windows is stopping this.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: unable to achieve Capital letter L any which way.

this just got worse, now ive lost my cursors, its stuck on the arrow cursor which wont change in any apps, when I go into paint and select pen it stays as an arrow instead of a pen, i've done a full system restore and reinstalled Teamviewer