Highlighted
Posted by krishnan
Photon

when typing remote keys like space / shift / symbol keys not working

Using a mac to remotely access  a windows computer and keys like . or spacebar or any non-letter / number key aren't working except delete key and i.have to use on screen keyboard . Any suggestion?

8 Replies
Posted by dwyere
Trigon

Re: when typing remote keys like space / shift / symbol keys not working

I submitted this feedback to Teamviewer as well while testing out the Beta. Same scenario - OS X 10.12 to Windows 10 Build 1607. Anything that requires the use of the shift key does not seem to work.

--
I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.
Posted by PeteMc
Henagon

I just sent them a note as well.  On the Windows 10 machines the number pad does not seem to be working for numbers.  Just the cursor commands (Enter may work, but didn't try it.)

Posted by Marie-Claude
Photon

Have this problem also, but not on the Beta version.

I don't know why or how, but I was able to bypass the problem.

I closed TeamViewer completely on my Mac.  Then I accessed my account through the Teamviewer management console in Safari.  I was asked to autorize the opening of the Teamviewer app and I did.  And after I reconnected to the Windows computer through the app, all keys on my Mac keyboard were working in Windows.

Hope this helps!

Posted by iamioannis
Photon

This worked for me to 

I have noticed that if I press home in TeamViewer the spacebar and the rest of the modifier keys don't work 

The mentioned method works

Posted by JedenTag
Trigon

I use several remote methods from a Windows 10 computer. When I switch between TeamViewer, Remote Desktop, Hyper-V, my numlock.will toggle on and off.

I have not had any problems with my keys not working on remote systems.

Posted by saksafridi
Electron

Hmm, I tried that and it didn't work for me. I'm accessing a PC from a mac. I'm using the PC for a 3d program called Cinema 4D. This software works with a lot of shortcuts. E.g. Press 3 and drag the mouse around and you can rotate your scene. I am unable to do this using Team Viewer. I've turned 'Send key combinations' on and off, I've restarted on both ends, I've even logged into the app from a browser. Nothing works so far.

Posted by lemonface
Photon

Did you ever find a solution? I'm tring to use teamviewer from my Macbook Pro to connect to a windows 10 machine running Cinema 4D and Octane and I've run into this same issue. I can't use the 1,2,3 buttons to navigate my scene.

Posted by chrispearson
Henagon

I'm having the same issues! did you work it out?

@lemonface wrote:

Did you ever find a solution? I'm tring to use teamviewer from my Macbook Pro to connect to a windows 10 machine running Cinema 4D and Octane and I've run into this same issue. I can't use the 1,2,3 buttons to navigate my scene.