Highlighted
Posted by EdR
Henagon

Anti-Malware - Deactivation

Hi,

I have activated the ITbrain antimalware module but I now want to deactivate it and can not see how to.

Can anyone help

Thanks, Ed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by EdR
Henagon
Solution

Re: Anti-Malware - Deactivation

Thanks that works!  I'm a new user migrating from a different sytem so still finding my way around.

7 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hello @EdR

Thank you for your message.

You can uninstall ITbrain from any endpoint from within the Management Console. To do this:

1. Log in to the Management Console - https://login.TeamViewer.com 
  2. Navigate to the group where the device resides
  3. Click the device name, and select Properties
  4. Towards the bottom of the Properties window, you will see ITbrain Anti-Malware. To the right, a drop-down, and below that, a link to 'Uninstall ITbrain Anti-Malware'

Please see the screenshots for further clarification:

Properties.pngClick Properties from the device drop-downuninstall.pngClick the 'Uninstall ITbrain Anti-Malware' linkI hope this helps!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Posted by EdR
Henagon
Solution

Thanks that works!  I'm a new user migrating from a different sytem so still finding my way around.

Posted by carlosmarchi
Henagon

What if it's not showing as installed but it is still installed? If I try to install again, it fails, and I don't know how to force remove locally.

Senior Moderator

Hello @carlosmarchi,

This would require a little more information, as well as a look at the devices themselves.

If devices are showing conflicting reports for installation of ITbrain Anti-Malware, please contact our support team.

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Posted by cbo1
Henagon

How can I deactivate Anti-malware on a decommissioned device? Or should I do this before shutting it down permanently?
Senior Moderator

Hello @cbo1,

Thank you for your post.

Using the above instructions, you could uninstall ITbrain prior to decommissioning using the above instructions.

If the device is already decommissioned, you can simply delete the device from your Management Console/Computers & Contacts. The delete link can be found in the bottom left of the device informationdelete.pngBottom left corner of device information, to the right of ' Add Note |'

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

Posted by cbo1
Henagon

Thanks, it worked.