Announcements

Become a product development partner for TeamViewer. Read more about it in our Announcement.

Posted by Modus_
Photon

Backup of network paths (UNC)

I tried setting up a backup policy in IT Brain to save files that are on a network path (UNC), but the system did not accept the path.
I mapped this path as M: \ and set up the backup, but when I run the backup routine, it completes and saves no information in the cloud.

Does IT Brain Backup not support this feature?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Re: Backup of network paths (UNC)

Thanks a lot for the messages.

I will try to answer this complex topic.

ITbrain Backup does not officially support Mapped Network Drives at this moment.

Our development team is working very hard to bring the proper support for simple network drives (without any authorization) and advanced mapped drives (with secure authorization)

The mapped network drives and the UNC path in the policy will be available very soon. I cannot promise any time frames as items in development might get delayed.

Before the end of the year we will have better mapped network drive support and management.

For customers, which use mapped drives within the Windows Environment. Please add the mapped drives as logical drives to backup form the OS they are connected to.

I will keep updating this post as we have more details or release dates. Thanks for understanding.

I would also like to mention that we released ITbrain Backup at the end of 2016 and we have a very busy schedule for this year to improve the backup management and bring forward new features which everyone needs. Any feature request is welcomed and we will always make sure our customers will get features they really need.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
4 Replies
Posted by Ribeiro_Aquino
Henagon

i have same problem

Stemmi
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Thanks a lot for the messages.

I will try to answer this complex topic.

ITbrain Backup does not officially support Mapped Network Drives at this moment.

Our development team is working very hard to bring the proper support for simple network drives (without any authorization) and advanced mapped drives (with secure authorization)

The mapped network drives and the UNC path in the policy will be available very soon. I cannot promise any time frames as items in development might get delayed.

Before the end of the year we will have better mapped network drive support and management.

For customers, which use mapped drives within the Windows Environment. Please add the mapped drives as logical drives to backup form the OS they are connected to.

I will keep updating this post as we have more details or release dates. Thanks for understanding.

I would also like to mention that we released ITbrain Backup at the end of 2016 and we have a very busy schedule for this year to improve the backup management and bring forward new features which everyone needs. Any feature request is welcomed and we will always make sure our customers will get features they really need.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by swweb
Henagon

I have asked for this and was told that i would work with no security and the full unc path, but when i tried it it didnt work and i called support they said they took that away to be added later, I am still waiting for the later that has not arrived.

Highlighted
Posted by Antre
Henagon

Hello,

Did you work on this?

I still have this issue....