Announcements

Would you like to be part of the TeamViewer task force to make our product even better? Start now with participating in our survey and help our product team to build an even better TeamViewer. Click here for more information.

Posted by LieveSA
Henagon

CPU usage monitoring rule

Hi,

We use the rule in IT Brain to send an alert on High CPU usage. One of the servers sends an alert every hour caused by an export. This only takes a few seconds and is fine, but it fills the mailbox. We don't want to completely disable the CPU monitoring though. Is there any way we can set the alert only when CPU usage is exeeding the limit during a longer period of time?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Re: CPU usage monitoring rule

Hi @LieveSA

Thanks for the feedback. This is a very good use case. 

We will improve our check and add a grace period in the near future. 

We are thinking of adding the following periods: 

Trigger alarm:

1. Immediately ( 1 minute)
  2. 5 minutes
  3. 10 minutes

Do you think this would solve your current situation and will generate less alert spamming?

Product Owner ITbrain
1 Reply
3 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @LieveSA,

Thank you for your message.

Currently there is no time threshold for CPU alerts from ITbrain Monitoring & Asset Tracking.

If possible, I would recommend setting the alert threshold just above what this alerts (if the CPU % is still within the device's standard daily operations).

I will forward this feeback to our development team; while I can not promise if or when these features could be implemented (as the decision is based on popular demand), your feedback is very important to us!

Thanks again!

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!
Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Hi @LieveSA

Thanks for the feedback. This is a very good use case. 

We will improve our check and add a grace period in the near future. 

We are thinking of adding the following periods: 

Trigger alarm:

1. Immediately ( 1 minute)
  2. 5 minutes
  3. 10 minutes

Do you think this would solve your current situation and will generate less alert spamming?

Product Owner ITbrain
1 Reply
Posted by LieveSA
Henagon

Hi Stanislav,

Yes, this will really solve the issue. Not sure why you want to limit periods to the 3 options and not just let users insert the minutes that work for them, but suggested options seem fine to me.

Thanks a lot!