Announcements

TeamViewer IoT is hiring! Check out the open positions here!

Posted by lmaranguren
Digon

IT Brain Backup - Directory with spaces

Hello, I am trying to configure a policy to backup a directory that contains spaces in it but the directory with spaces is not working, and wrapping it in quotes isnt allowed.

i.e. C:\Test Directory results in a wrong backup
 "C:\Test Directory" is not allowed by the policy

Anybody know how to work around this?

Thanks!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Re: IT Brain Backup - Directory with spaces

Hi @lmaranguren

Normaly there should be no problems adding folders with spaces in the  folder name. 

Here is an example of one policy: 

Folder selection with spaces.PNG

The Qutoes are not valid as  valid paths for folders. If you have any issues adding paths with spaces in the folder names please send an e-mail to: support@itbrain.com to investigate that situation. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by lmaranguren
Digon
Solution

Hi Stanislav,

We opened up a case and indeed there is an issue with special characters such as accents in spanish. Last update was that work was underway to correct this and I would be notified when an update was released.

Regards!

Posted by marcus5
Electron
Solution

There should be no problems adding folders with spaces in the  folder name

[Link removed]

13 Replies
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Hi @lmaranguren

Normaly there should be no problems adding folders with spaces in the  folder name. 

Here is an example of one policy: 

Folder selection with spaces.PNG

The Qutoes are not valid as  valid paths for folders. If you have any issues adding paths with spaces in the folder names please send an e-mail to: support@itbrain.com to investigate that situation. 

Posted by lmaranguren
Digon

Dear Stanislav, thank you for your response. The policy is configured like your example but the resulting backup is from route in the ...\Users\Adminsitrator\AppData\Local\Temp directory when the original one is nowhere near there. I have proceeded to open a case with support as it seems not to be functioning as expected.
Will post if i find my mistake or a solution.

Remote Management Staff

Hi @lmaranguren

I wanted to check you received any answers from support. 

If I can asset you with anything else please tell me your support ticket ID and I will contact you via internal support.

Posted by lmaranguren
Digon
Solution

Hi Stanislav,

We opened up a case and indeed there is an issue with special characters such as accents in spanish. Last update was that work was underway to correct this and I would be notified when an update was released.

Regards!

Posted by hpsof
Henagon

yes. it brain backup does not backup paths with blank in it. it shows no error, nothing. you can enter such a path in the policy without any problem, but IT DOES NOT WORK!

Remote Management Staff

Hi @hpsof

Thanks for the message. Can you please insert a screenshot with the policy path. 

I double checked and the space in the file paths should work without any problems. 

Alternatively, you can send an e-mail to support: support@itbrain.com with the support collector and a short issue description to investigate this further. 

http://download.teamviewer.com/support/TeamViewer_SupportCollector.exe (the logs will be placed in the same folder as the tool is)

Posted by hpsof
Henagon

hi

i stopped testing itbrain backup (deinstalled all). it is too annoying and not all comparable with airbackup at the moment (on the machine is airbackup active since last november)

but i have the results of supportCollector on stock... 

i made a shared link to the file (support@itbrain.com) /valid 30 days from now

image.png

NO BACKUP is made for all these paths, and believe me, they do exist!

image.png

Remote Management Staff

@hpsof

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. 

Unfortunately, the paths you are trying to add are mapped drives and at this moment ITbrain Backup does not support mapped drives. 

We are working to bring support for mapped drives as fast as possible.

Highlighted
Posted by hpsof
Henagon

ok. there is also no possibility to enter UNC notation (as other users already mentioned | e.g. \\192.168.1.5\daten) into the path-field (this works with airbackup)

1 Reply