Highlighted
Posted by MFT
Digon

IT Brain Backup Fails on Server 2008 and Server 2012

I have a server 2008 and 2 Server 2012, and the ITBrain backup fails to install on all three, with no error code. It has been suggested by the Developers to turn off Display Hardware acceloration and I have done so on the Server 2008, however that made no difference, the installation continues to fail. There doens't appear to be any such setting on a Server 2012.

Any other advice would be very appreciated

8 Replies
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Re: IT Brain Backup Fails on Server 2008 and Server 2012

Hi @MFT 

Thanks for the message. 

Because of no error code we do not know what is happening yet. 

For this process to go smoother please send an e-mail to: support@itbrain.com and attach the support collector logs. If you have been in contact with us please tell  me the #TicketID and I will contact you there.

net 2.5: http://download.teamviewer.com/support/TeamViewer_SupportCollector.exe 

net4.5: http://download.teamviewer.com/support/TeamViewer_SupportCollector_NET45.exe

the logs will be placed in the same folder as the tool is

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by MFT
Digon

Your people, Sebastian, have run the support collector, can you access that information via the ticket number? #2881054.
They've been working on it for days.
They suspected display hardware acceleration but I have no idea how to disable that on a 2012 server and I tried it on a 2008 server and it made no difference.
I have it successfully installed on one 2012 server but it is failing on 2 others & failing on 1 2008 Server. The 2008 is being replaced with a brand new 2012 server later this week, so I am not nearly as concerned with it, at this point.

Thank you so much for your response.
Posted by MFT
Digon

I am not sure if the following has baring or not, but I want you to have all the information, this comes from my System builder, who is building the server, we looked at this morning, he is a Certified MS Engineer, so I must believe he knows what he is doing: 

After trying to install .NET 3.5 it failed instantly. After looking through event viewer I saw some file issues with the C: drive. After numerous CHKDSKs and other troubleshooting, we kept having more intermittent issues. All hardware tests pass fine, so it's not hardware related. I was able to successfully install .NET 3.5, but I kept getting other random errors like server manager not launching.

I have reimaged the server and everything is back to normal.

Bob, if possible for now, please do not try to install IT Brain again until they figure out what's going on. I'm not sure if it may have caused some other conflicts. For now I am running windows updates and will continue to check it out in the morning. If everything is still looking good I can deliver between 10-12 .

I hope this is simply a horrible coinsidence, however, I wanted you to have all the facts.

Posted by MFT
Digon

I heard that you now are aware of the cause. Have you made any progress in a solution? Thank you again for keeping me updated.
Remote Management Staff

Hi @MFT

As we are handeling this situation through the dedicated support channels we can close this post.

After we will identify the situation I will post our findings for other community users to see. 

Have a nice day,

Stanislav

Posted by MFT
Digon

I am honestly quite concerned at this point. I have had almost no contact with you guys, except when Sebastian has called, and those calls are becoming very few, while I have spent a small fortune on your service. My two largest clients remain totally unprotected. The 2008 server, is being replaced tomorrow morning at 9am Arizona time. I will be on site, installing all of their software and databases, from the old server to the new, and I seriously would have loved to turn ITBrain on no later than tomorrow, but at this point, I am losing all hope that this will happen.

What should I do? That is not a rhetorical question, I really don’t know, but If we cannot make it work, then clearly I need those monies returned immediately so that I can purchase, a software that does work.

I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS!! I like working with TeamViewer, and this coming month, I am moving to Connectwise, for my scheduling and billing management, and fully intend to keep TeamViewer and NOT move to Connetwise’s Control, I really really want to keep TeamViewer, I like owning it! And some of the bugs, I have been noticing with V12 seem to be vanishing, this is a very good sign, but I really, desperately need these two servers on line today! PLEASE MAKE THIS WORK, AND MAKE ME A HERO to my client

Posted by andrimarhelgaso
Henagon

I've been trying out the Backup feature on a Free Trial setup but just the activation error message.

I have a Windows Server 2008.

Does not look as a promising backup solution if this cant be fixed!

No response from the TeamViewer team? No response from @Stanislav?

Remote Management Staff

Hi Everyone, 

I am truly sorry for not posting a solution for this thread sooner. 

Since the last post we released a few updates to our backup agent and now everything should work fine. 

The only situation we found on Servers is the missing  .NET 4.5 which is a requirement for the backup agent to install properly. 

Please make sure .NET 4.5 is installed on the server before instaling ITbrain backup agent. 

Have a nice day.