Highlighted
Posted by LCCTech
Digon

IT Brain SMART Checks

I'm Curious if anyone else has several computers with SMART check errors?  IT Brain informs me of the status of 2 of our machines about 10+ times a day per machine that the SMART check has failed.

I have run separate Manufacturer scans and have not ran into an issue with the SSD's.  Anyone else experience anything like this or know what may be the cause of it? The "Alerts" only last 1 minute before it is cleared again.

The following SMART attributes are below prescribed thresholds:
Hardware ECC Recovered (0xc3) - Critical

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Re: IT Brain SMART Checks

Hi @LCCTech

Thanks for the message. 

We are getting from time to time situations like the one described. After investigation, we conclude sometimes that the WMI is not responding correctly and sends our service false data, other times is just the Hard drive which is failing slowly. 

The best way to deal with this situations is to check the Smart statuses with the  Harddrive manufacturer tools and Try to Check WMI integrity and maybe reset the repository: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2009/04/13/wmi-rebuilding-the-wmi-repository/

We are collecting these issues and will improve the behaviour of this check soon. We are thinking of alerting users of any WMI issues which might be at fault or to integrate a KB article for Different tools to doublecheck SMART status in the e-mail alerts.  

If you have another idea which might help in the investigation please let us know. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.