Highlighted
Posted by perarzhur
Digon

ITBrain Anti-Malware will not activate

I have just installed TeamViewer Host to one of my PCs, using a custom module which is what I always do where I work.  I was able to see the computer in my TeamViewer console.  I activate monitoring successfully.  But when I click on the anti-malware shield icon, a spinner briefly shows on the shield, and the computer's status momentarily says its activating anti-malware, but then it never activates.  No error message.  Is there a log file on the host pc that I can look at for clarification of what is happening?

Thanks for looking at my post.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by perarzhur
Digon
Solution

Re: ITBrain Anti-Malware will not activate

Thank you for the information on where the log file was located.  That will be useful in the future.  I was able to install ITBrain once I removed an old installation of McAfee. I did not realize it was on this particular machine. 

2 Replies
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Hi @perarzhur 

Thanks for the post. 

Usually, we display a message if the installation is not working properly.  If a message is not displayed it could be that the request to install is not run by TeamViewer.  this should reflect in The TeamViewer log file.  It is located in the Program Files(x86\TeamViewer\

You could send us the TeamViewer log file to support@itbrain.com and after investigation, we can post here the results. Please add the community link as well in the e-mail. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by perarzhur
Digon
Solution

Thank you for the information on where the log file was located.  That will be useful in the future.  I was able to install ITBrain once I removed an old installation of McAfee. I did not realize it was on this particular machine.