Posted by GromitD90
Digon

ITBrain - which computer(s) do I need to activate

I use the Free version of TeamViewer to manage my personal computers all running Windows 10 Home. One of them is in a remote location and runs unattended. I would like to be able to monitor that computer especially to be notified if it goes off-line. If I activated an ITBrain license on that machine how would I be able to access the monitored information from my desktop at home which would not have an ITBrain license? 

I assume I can set things up so that if the remote computer freezes or loses its Internet connection then TV (ITBrain would send me an email or some other kind of alert).

Thanks for your patience with a complete newbie with this app.

Mike

2 Replies
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: ITBrain - which computer(s) do I need to activate

Hello @GromitD90,

Thank you for your post.

ITbrain endpoints are associated with your TeamViewer account; alerts/reports/notifications can be seen in the TeamViewer application or the Management Console wherever you are logged in.

If the monitored device were to go offline (in your case, the remote machine), you would receive an email alert, as well as a notification in the TeamViewer application where you are signed in (in your case, the desktop at home).

Hope this helps!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)

Highlighted
Posted by GromitD90
Digon

Re: ITBrain - which computer(s) do I need to activate

Thank you Josh that is a big help. Could I please ask you to answer one more related question.

If the remote computer went off-line briefly because the external IP address of the network changed. Would it be possible through ITBrain to ascertain what the new external IP address is for the network the remote computer is part of?

Thanks

Mike