Announcements

Would you like to be part of the TeamViewer task force to make our product even better? Start now with participating in our survey and help our product team to build an even better TeamViewer. Click here for more information.

Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Managing Notifications for ITbrain Monitoring

Set up email notifications

If a check triggers an alert, you will be notified by email. To do so, sign in the TeamViewer Management Console with your TeamViewer account and add a monitoring policy.

1. Open the Manage monitoring policies dialog via ITbrain > Monitoring > Manage policies.
  2. Click on a monitoring policy.
  3. Click on a check, you want to receive email notifications for.
  4. Enter an email address in the Email notification field or select a user(press Space button at the end)
  5. Click on the Save button.

If a check, defined by the policy, triggers an alert, ITbrain will send an email notification to the defined email addresses .

Product Owner ITbrain
2 Replies
Posted by peelay
Henagon

Re: Managing Notifications for ITbrain Monitoring

I have a monitoring policy with 10 checks and right now only I'm getting notified. How can I easily add two other users to get notified? Is my only option to go one by one?

Also, what's the recommended way to have different notifications for each group? I have 20+ groups (each group is a different client) and the notification requirements for each group are different. Does this mean I'll need 20+ monitoring policies?

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Managing Notifications for ITbrain Monitoring

Hello @peelay,

Great questions!

Each monitoring alert manages its own notifications; therefore, if you have 10 alert parameters set up in a policy, you would need to edit each alert individually and add the additional emails.

In order to add additional emails, they must either be a) A user on your Company Profile (found in User Management) or b) a contact in your Computers & Contacts list.

In regards to the different notifications for each group; if each group monitors different parameters, and require different notification setups, unique policies would be required. You can, however, duplicate your policies to make the process a bit easier!

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!