Highlighted
Posted by ecommweb
Henagon

Mapped drives

Trying to track down why some files are being skipped in a backup

does anyone know if when mapped drives are selected in the "advanced" option of files to be backed up, do they actually get backed up?

3 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Re: Mapped drives

Hi @ecommweb

Thanks for the message. 

ITbrain Backup will backup mapped drives if they do not have any authorization method.

You can add in the Backup policy -> "advanced selection"  the UNC path for the drive. (ex: \\192.168.1.1) 

At this moment we do not officialy support network drives but the mapped ones will work without any issues. 

I hope this helps.

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
3 Replies
Remote Management Staff
Solution

Hi @ecommweb

Thanks for the message. 

ITbrain Backup will backup mapped drives if they do not have any authorization method.

You can add in the Backup policy -> "advanced selection"  the UNC path for the drive. (ex: \\192.168.1.1) 

At this moment we do not officialy support network drives but the mapped ones will work without any issues. 

I hope this helps.

Remote Management Staff

Hello all, 

At this moment ITbrain backup does not allow mapped drives to be backed up. Previous posts were from a time when we allowed adding UNC paths in te policy. 

Some users complained about the lack of support regarding this feature and there were some issues with the permissions for some types of mapped drives. 

For this reason, we have blocked the UNC paths from the policy. It just a temporary measure until we can provide full support for mapped drives.

As it stands ITbrain backup is a file and folder backup fro Windows OS, If the backup files are on Windows OS we will back them up without any issues. 

We want to definitely have full support for mapped drives and we are working hard to bring other many features to our customers. 

Thanks for understanding. 

Posted by gratis01
Photon

Thanks for responses! It is benefit for me. :smileywink: