Posted by JanN
Henagon

Reasons for missing support for Windows Server 2016

Hello,

Can someone tell me, why Windows Server 2016 is not supported by ITBrain? When will it be supported?

Regards,
Jan

5 Replies
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Re: Reasons for missing support for Windows Server 2016

Hi @JanN

Thanks for the post.

ITbrain supports Windows 10 and Server 2016 without any issues. 

If you encountered any issues with the installation please let us know by contacting our support at support@itbrain.com or by posting more details in the post. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by KasHoogeveen
Henagon

You say that it works with windows server 2016, but it doesn't.

I can't get itbrain on a few of my servers (windows 2016) 

The install button just isn't there. Neither is the possibillity to install it thru thet itbrain console.

Any ideas?

Remote Management Staff

Hi @KasHoogeveen

Thanks for the message. 

In this situation please contact our support at support@itbrain.com and include the link from this conversation.  I think a short remote session will solve this situation. 

In the case that we find any issues with ITbrain and Windows Server 2016 I will post here our findings. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by JanN
Henagon

In my case the reason was: I did not use the Server ID for connecting to the server. In that case the install button is not visible. Please check that. I asked Teamviewer to give us a helpful message in such cases.

Nevertheless the installation itself fails on our server. But I did not have the time yet to investigate further.

Regards,

Jan

Highlighted
Remote Management Staff

Hi JanN,

Thank you for the post. 

TeamViewer on Servers have the capability to have multiple ID's. The main ID (server ID) and user(s) ID.

Server ID must be used in the Management console to fully have control of the machine through ITbrain. 

The easiest way to check for the Server ID is going to help and about TeamViewer In the TeamViewer options tabs.

Please let us know how we can assists you. You can send us an email to support@itbrain.com and we can schedule a remote session to revise these machines.

Support Engineer