Posted by cbielich
Henagon

When trying to active IT Brain Malware I get "Account assignment failed. The device is already assigned to someone else.

For some reason even though these computers that I am trying to activate IT Brain Malware are already assigned to my account I am getting "Account assignment failed. The device is already assigned to someone else."

Any ideas?

3 Replies
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Re: When trying to active IT Brain Malware I get "Account assignment failed. The device is already assigned to some

Hi @cbielich

This problem can occur from time to time on certain devices which were assigned a while ago or had their ID changed. 

In order to fix this situation all you need to do is to connect to the device, Go to Extras-> Options-> remove the account assignment and assign it again. 

After this process Active ITbrain Anti-Malware again and everything should work fine. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Posted by cbielich
Henagon

Re: When trying to active IT Brain Malware I get "Account assignment failed. The device is already assigned to some

So let me ask you this then, cause many of my ID's did change. Why did they change all of a sudden?

Highlighted
Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Hi, 

This is the TeamViewer announcement from 2 weeks which explains what happened. ago: https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Announcements/Reassignment-of-unique-IDs/td-p/39067

Product Owner, Remote Management services.