Announcements

Shape the future of TeamViewer Remote Management with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by hpsof
Henagon

itbrain backup : restore older set

hi

i am using airbackup and i am testing itbrain backup now.

what i am missing is the possibilty to select a former (earlier in time) whole backup-set i.e a restore-point in the past that restores all the files of the backup (selected folders /and/or files within that backup)

why must we be able (as in airbackup => see picture) to select a former backup set?

imagine your machine get infected by malware in form of ransomware that crypts all (certain) data on your disks. until someone recognises this fact there may have happened already one or more (scheduled) backups with itbrain backup. THESE ARE WORTHLESS now! so you must be able to go back in time and EASELY select a whole/partial backup of the former time-point. this is not possible in the current version of itbrain backup RESTORE

2017-04-06_163316.png

6 Replies
Posted by Icewing
Henagon

Re: itbrain backup : restore older set

Also in the process of testing a move from airbackup, but without the possibility to do this and the lack of agents to SQL, the ability to backup mapped drives and use variable im paths etc. it is time to find a product that is finished or at least have a clear roadmap. 

Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

Dear @Icewing and @hpsof

Thanks for your posts. 

We totally understand that ITbrain backup does not have all features as airbackup did. 

At the same time, we are working very hard since the release to align ITbrian backup to crucial airbackup features. You will se that within a few more updates ( once per month sometimes 2 times) many features will be added any issues resolved. 

Thanks for your support and hopefully you wil check again ITbrain backup soon. 

Product Owner, Remote Management services.
Highlighted
Posted by hpsof
Henagon

soon: we will test again towards end of the year. good luck and success for your work!

Posted by micahwilliams12
Photon

Restore a SQL Server Database to a Point in Time (Full Recovery Model), check the link for solution : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/relational-databases/backup-restore/restore-a-sql-server-databa...

Posted by GoldmanIT
Photon

is this an option yet?  looking at moving to ITBrain backup and would need the ability to restore a file from a previous backup .

Posted by Remote Management Staff
Remote Management Staff

@GoldmanIT

Thanks for the reply. 

Restore by date is possible and you can choose from the restore dialog a set of backup files from one system based on the date. 

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Latest-News/New-improvements-for-ITbrain-Backup/td-p/13672

Product Owner, Remote Management services.