Anti-malware causing issues with quickbooks

Highlighted
Posted by omnis
Photon

Anti-malware causing issues with quickbooks

Hi, I've encountered a problem with IT brain anti-malware breaking communication between quickbooks company files and workstations in a multi-user enviroment. I've discovered the anti-malware engine might be based on bitdefender which is notorious for disrupting quickbooks database servers.

3 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Anti-malware causing issues with quickbooks

Hello @omnis,

Thank you for your post.

Did you recently activate ITbrain Active Ransomware Protection on your policies?

ITbrain's Active Ransomware protection is meant to protect mission-critical folders from encryption, in the event the endpoint is hit with an unknown Ransomware definition (ITbrain Anti-Malware by default protects against all known threats, including known rasomware threats like WannaCry and GoldenEye). Any files/folders in the protected folders can only be accessed by applications either trusted automatically (like Microsoft Office), or manually, in the Trusted Applications window. Due to these conflicts, we do not recommend protecting entire drives (I.e. C:\) or entire user folders (C:\Users), as multiple applications and processes may need to access various files, and this could cause the system to conflict and block known good processes.

If you added folders such as C:\Users, C:\Program Files, etc., the Active Ransomware Protection can drastically slow down reaction times of applications, or prevent them from opening. Please remove any folders like these from the Protected Folders window, to see if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, or this is not the case, I would recommend reaching out to our Support Team for further troubleshooting.

I hope this helps!

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!
Posted by omnis
Photon

Hi, active ransomware was not enabled.  The issue persisted almost daily until anti-malware was uninstalled.  In addition, the appdata folder for itbrain wrote 16+GB in files which caused a low diskspace lockup, prompting the uninstall (early March).  I love the centralized nature of IT brain, but cannot continue using anti-malware with behavior exibited.  Please advise.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @omnis,

Our support representatives will need to take a closer look at these devices, to better understand the issues at hand.

Could you please reach out to our support teams?

Thanks in advance!

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!