Highlighted
Posted by jaswicki
Henagon

ITBrain AntiMalware

How do I completely remove ITBrain AntiMalware? I don't see the program folder or anything in Add/Remove programs. I am on a Windows 10 machine. I have looked in my TeamViewer profile and I am not seeing any way to remove ITBrain. When I go to Settings...Virus and Threat protection it says status unavailable Open ITBrain Anti-Malware but when I click that a command prompt opens for a second and nothing else happens. How can I remove all of the program so that I can go back to using Windows Defender?

5 Replies
5 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: ITBrain AntiMalware

Hello @jaswicki,

Thank you for your post.

Please be advised that, upon installation, ITbrain Anti-Malware appears in Programs & Features, as well as a folder in Program Files and a system tray icon.

Uninstallation of ITbrain Anti-Malware is done from the Management Console; click the device name, and select Properties from the drop-down. Towards the bottom, you will see ITbrain Anti-Malware and a link to uninstall.uninstall.png

If you do not see this option, nor ITbrain Anti-Malware in the Programs & Features or Program Files, folder, it means that ITbrain Anti-Malware was not installed on your machine.

I hope this helps! 

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!
Posted by jaswicki
Henagon

I have looked in all of those places and I am not seeing anything. However when I go to Settings...Virus & Threat Protection I do see ITbrain Anti-Malware as you can see in the screen shot below.

ITBrain.JPG

Posted by jaswicki
Henagon

Sorry C:\Program Files\ITbrain\AntiMalware does exist. I tried running the setup and /? to find an uninstall command but nothing responds. When I checked my TeamViewer console I just see that the trial expired for ITBrain but not an uninstall

Posted by jaswicki
Henagon

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Posted by ITbrain Staff
ITbrain Staff

Hi @jaswicki

If ITbrain Anti-Malware is installed you can see it in the Programs and Features list in Control Panel. If it is not there then it's not installed. 

The integration part might be stuck in Windows Security Center. Microsoft made many changes to the Security Center with the last updates and could be possible that after the uninstall the registration stayed.  You could try to reset Windows WMI repository which will clear out any info about Security solution.  

If this does not help please contact our support for further investigation.

Product Owner ITbrain