What does ITBrain Backup Actually Do?

Posted by OPSoftware
Henagon

What does ITBrain Backup Actually Do?

We are actively looking at ITBrain Backup and for all the "sales" fluff on the website it does not actually tell you what it can do, so.....

1. What can you actually backup? system state, full server or just user files and folders?
  2. Retention times, how long is data held for once backed up
  3. Flexability to select specific files and folders i.e. entire C:\drive
  4. Mapped Drives and UNC paths are these supported.
  5. How do you handle open files? VSS?
  6. 3rd party products such as exchange, sql server, hyper V, vmware etc.

I am tryig to see where ITBrain Backup can fit into a disaster recovery scenario for our clients, if at all.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Re: What does ITBrain Backup Actually Do?

Hello @OPSoftware

Thank you for your message.

ITbrain Backup is a file-level backup, designed to back up and protect your most important user files. The file retention is 30 days. Using the Advanced Selection option, you can specify specific paths, files, or filetypes. Wildcards (*) are allowed as well.

We do not currently offer Mapped Drive support, although we are actively working on a solution for this. As we do not offer VSS, only saved files would be backed up; open files would be skipped until the next backup.

Thank you for your interest in ITbrain Backup. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!
1 Reply
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Moderator Moderator
Solution

Hello @OPSoftware

Thank you for your message.

ITbrain Backup is a file-level backup, designed to back up and protect your most important user files. The file retention is 30 days. Using the Advanced Selection option, you can specify specific paths, files, or filetypes. Wildcards (*) are allowed as well.

We do not currently offer Mapped Drive support, although we are actively working on a solution for this. As we do not offer VSS, only saved files would be backed up; open files would be skipped until the next backup.

Thank you for your interest in ITbrain Backup. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Josh P.

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanksfor being an active member of our Community!
1 Reply
Posted by BryanC
Electron

Is there planned support for VSS? Is there planned support for about local backup destinations?  I am having a hard time justifying the use of ITBrain Backup vs. competing solutions and this would be helpful along with slightly cheaper storage.