Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Disabling ongoing session

Is it possible to disable other user ongoing session if I have Premium account and other users are also with same license? I know it is possible to time out inactive sessions, but 30 minutes is pretty long time. So is there any faster way to disable ongoing session?

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Disabling ongoing session

So nobody knows?
Highlighted
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Disabling ongoing session

Hello @Energiateenus,

Thank you for your message. 

The Community is a user-driven community – the majority of posts and solutions are therefore created by users, not by TeamViewer staff. As a licensed user, you also have access to phone support, as well as email support via our ticket system. I would recommend using our support page to either call our support team, or submit a ticket directly in the future!

In regards to your original question, it is not currently possible to time out inactive sessions in less than 30 minutes, nor a way to disable ongoing sessions.

I have forwarded your request to our product management. Suggestions by our users are always highly appreciated since they allow us to improve TeamViewer every day.

However, I cannot promise you if or when this feature will be implemented, as that decision is based on public demand.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Josh P.
Senior Moderator

If my reply answered your question, help out other users and click the Accept as a Solution  button below.

You can also say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button!

Thanks for being an active member of our Community!

Japanese Community (日本語コミュニティ) |  Chinese Community (中文社区) |  German Community (Deutschsprachig) | French Community (Communauté française) | English Community | Spanish Community (Comunidad española)