Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Request support for remotely reboot or shell/command line

Hi, recently I had a problem with an android phone running an app for videosurveillance, the app has some issues and after 15 days the phone become often unresponsive to the network requests. I had installed also HOST and I hoped to solve problem with that, but it often couldn't connect to phone and if was possible to connect for awhile I couldn't see the screen, didn't load it, only the status panel. In this case the phone was working bad, probably for the camera app leaks, I needed to reboot the phone to have big chances to solve the problem (and in the end it did help), but host hasn't any reboot feature and neither a shell or command prompt to tell with few bytes what the device has to do. So I needed to go till the place where the camera is located and reboot it manually, the phone was switched on and connected to network, host was online, could connect on it but couldn't see the screen remotely.
It is extremely helpful also on Windows, then the CPU can fo to 100%, or RAM become full, or issues with HDD, etc.etc. We need support to send commands with few bytes, without pretending to see the screen for do something. Thank you for understanding.

Another lack for Teamviewer, which for me is a big issue, is the impossibility to connect to an old version, and when an "old version" can be considered something that I've installed for less than one year ago it's redicolous. There is no way to update the version remotely (!!), I need to go to the place of computer, maybe dismount it and connect to screen and keyboard, to update it, absourd in terms of efforts, no sense in terms of limitations.. the PC is working and has no issues, just Teamviewer freakish. For this reason is much better to use **Third Party Product** which works the same and doesn't suffer of that, it is reliable, I need guarantee of working, not a program that tomorrow "wakes up with bad mood" and stopping working. Thank you for understanding.

7 Replies
7 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Star
TeamViewer Star

Re: Request support for remotely reboot or shell/command line

Hi @Barabba 

If I got it right, you are using a mobile phone with an app for video surveliance and this app is connecting to some video surveliance station which has some cameras on it. Is that correct?

To figure out what is hapening, could you give some more details like,

The brand / model of the phone,

The network / internet speed,

how many cameras are you monitoring by the phone,

The resolution of the cameras,

Are you using it remotely trough internet connection or within the same network with the help of wifi?

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

Hi! thanks for answer,
it's not correct, I have a phone which is used as secret camera (see Athome app), placed on a roof far from hands, quite complicated to reach to handle it.. in case it's necessary, so I installed host and it worked.. sinche the phone worked well. When the amount of ram was 90% or free internal storage came around 1,2GB (there are the 2 possible reasons I can figure out why the phone suffered of working bad) I couldn't be able to connect to Host more, the phone was online but couldn't see the screen, just one time I saw the control panel, I attache the photo.
A manual reboot solved all problems, so I'm wondering to reboot it by Host without handle the phone again going up till the roof. I hope you understand me.
I'm not asking support for this specific device, I'm asking teamviewer to add a shell/control line or a reboot button to quickly reboot the phone in these cases.
this is wlecome also in Windows.
The second picture is the situation after reboot, Phone was again working
2020-03-04 10_16_23-My Images for Barabba - TeamViewer Community.png2020-03-04 10_17_43-My Images for Barabba - TeamViewer Community.png

Highlighted
TeamViewer Star

I understant your thoughts about the future enchanment.

In this case maybe it will be more eficient if you write your idea for future request in the Ideas and feature requests section and see how the Teamviewer staff evaluate it. 

Best regards

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

thank you for answer,
this is exactly where I post the thread, in the " Ideas and feature requests" section, isn't this?

Highlighted
TeamViewer Star

Yes, you are right!

I didn't  see it during writing the previous post. 
best regards

Pro
Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

It happened again, this time I didn't expect it happens just after 4/5 days, the videosurveillance app still working but host doesn't more, sometimes it comes online when I try to connect to it, but it is not enough "strong" to show me the screen. Pity, really, I put a comfortable reboot button always on top, it is enough to press it but I can't.

It looks host needs some ram to start, if it has few bye bye, you lost the device. If I could have a chance now to send the device a reboot command of few bytes, how happy I could be.

Highlighted
Posted by
Trigon

If there may be any interest from developers reading this I would say:
- after 5 days Host is not more working, I mean it is online, but can't connect.
- after 2/3 days it strts to "slow down" progressively, the phone is promptive but host app is slow to view, like the network getting slow (but it isn't slow), every tap gets seconds to achieve and execute. After reboot all is going perfect. That means host is suffering from optimizations, leaks or bug fixing, the app by time become unreachable.

I'm using TeamViewer Host_v15.3.20, I've read on TeamViewer Host_v15.3.30 thare are some bugfixes, can I update teamviewer remotely without risking to loose control? I'll copy apk file on target device and byt host I'll run the apk and click yes on install, will then host work after? Thank you