Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Scammers using Teamviewer :Defence Mode?

Hi, 

I have an idea for an new teamviewer feature. 

It would be a scammer mode that you can activate before you let someone connect to your PC, it records everything that happens and blocks / hinders file transfer , block the blanking of the screen and slows down teamviewer so you can watch what is happening (slowing down the mouse /allowing only 2 keystrokes /s). an logfile that records anything from the scammer ip ,mac address , PC name . 

Ps. i just got a call from "Microsoft " and they wanted to connect to me through teamviewer and i would have loved to be able to mess with them :D
or a mode where it automatically drops the scammer in an windows virtual machine :D that is blank just to mess with the scammers 

1 Reply
1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Scammers using Teamviewer :Defence Mode?

Thanks for your idea @patti44 !

I make sure to forward it to our security team!

And I am sorry to hear a scammer tried to trick you, but I read your post like you unmasked his attempt right away. That´s great news!

However - We have a page where you can report a scam to our security team. The link to it and a few other information about the topic can be found here: TeamViewer and scamming 

Thanks and stay safe,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started