How do I make my video feed my shared screen

Posted by Pobbes
Henagon

How do I make my video feed my shared screen

I want to have a meeting where I can easily use my video feed as the main shared screen for my participants. Is there an integrated way to do this or do I need to use another application to capture my video feed and capture that on my shared screen?

8 Replies
8 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: How do I make my video feed my shared screen

Good Morning @Pobbes

Sharing your video is already part of the features of Blizz. Once you start a meeting, simply start your camera. If you want to stop sharing your screen, you can pause the screen sharing option on the top menu in the icon in the middle, you will see the message "Screen sharing paused", if your camera is on this will turn into a Video stream. 

Please refer to this Knowledge Base Article for more information on a Video Conference. 

Best, 

Jaquie

Posted by Pobbes
Henagon

Thanks so much! @Jaquie, but I find doing this ends my recording. I should have been clear about that in the beginning, sorry.

I want to be able to make the camera feed the take up the share screen location in a recording, specifically the host or presenter's camera feed. I find that if I stop sharing my screen then the recording stops.

Dear @Pobbes

Thank you for clarifying. Actually the recording will not stop unless you deliveratly click on the rec button (stop/start recording) on the top menu. 

As a suggestion you can choose the option Video Call from the portal so that the video image is larger. 

May I ask exactly what your use case is and how many people join your meeting? 

Cheers, 

Jaquie

Posted by Pobbes
Henagon

Sure @Jaquie. I am trying to set up a class environment for a fitness trainer. He is trying to do classes of around ten to twenty people and guide them through the motions with a camera set up in his fitness studio. He wants to be able to record his sessions at will. Currently, I have just been testing the app with myself and my android phone. So far, I have only been able to record while a screen is being shared. If I use a video call or stop sharing the screen, then the recording seems to automatically stop or I don't seem to have the option. I set the meeting settings to automatically record, but that doesn't seem to do anything unless I also enable screen sharing.

Good Morning @Pobbes

Thank you for letting us know your use case. The behavior that you mention is expected since Blizz has been developed as a software for meetings in which the webcam is part of the interaction within the meeting. Just as a general info, it is certainly possible to have your meeting recorded even if your screensharing has been paused, as I said the recoring is only stopped if you manually do so.

However, I have forwarded your feedback to our Product Management, such ideas are always welcome as we continue to adapt Blizz based on our user's needs and demands.

Have a nice weekend!

Jaquie

Posted by Pobbes
Henagon

Thank you @Jaquie. Just to be clear about my exact experience. When I open a meeting, screen sharing and recording is enabled by default. I can invite participants or pause my screen sharing. When I pause screen sharing the recorded session continues to record the shared screen in its paused state. If I choose to end screen sharing from the top menu, then the meeting becomes a video call. However, the recording ends and I am prompted to save the file. Once I am on the video call, I have no option to record.

Hello @Pobbes

What you describe is expected behavior, my suggestion was that you paused your screensharing in the above menu in the button in the middle (not end sharing) and turn on your camera from the lower menu. When you finish your meeting in the red botton on the lower right, that's when you'll be prompted to save your meeting. 

Just to clarify, when you open the recording your video will be saved on the top right and not on a full screen as you would normally see it in a video call. This is because Blizz is thought for an interaction with a number of participants, rather than an individual one. 

Thanks a lot for all your imput and rest assured that I have forwarded your feedback to our Blizz Product Management. 

Have a wonderful week. 

Jaquie

Posted by Pobbes
Henagon

Thank you!