Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Digon

Allow to assign policies to others

I am the Company Administrator for our company and all clients are assigned to this account. Therefore it is not possible for other users to assign policies to computers.

Since we are an international company I created groups and local IT personel can administer there own groups. They should also have the right to assign policies to the computers in their group.

Currently this is not possible and I have to do this.

2 Replies
2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Allow to assign policies to others

Hello @flospi ,

In the Management Console, you go to User Management (First Tab), and you can see all your users. There, when you mouse over one user it will appear an option gear on the right side, click on that gear, then Edit User, it will appear a pop up with the user info. In the second tab Permissions at the bottom, you can see TeamViewer Policy and there you can edit it as you need them.

Cheers.

Leo

Highlighted
Posted by
Digon

Re: Allow to assign policies to others

Thanks for your answer Leo, but this does not work. And this is also what I was told by TeamViewer support, this is why I put it here in the "Ideas and feature requests".

It seems that even though the dropdown is there for allowing users to assign policies it doesn't work, once you have your groups created by a company administrator and the clients assigned to the company administrator account (for the purpose of grantig easy access).