Announcements

Shape the future of your TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by caucow
Photon

Cannot "Show Black Screen" when connecting from mobile

When connecting to my computer from my phone, I am able to disable remote input but the option to show a black screen is missing. The monitor driver is installed on my computer and I am able to show a black screen if I connect from a non-mobile device (verified by using the TV Web Client in Puffin Browser), but after disabling remote input from the TeamViewer app, "Show Black Screen" doesn't appear. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere or is this a bug?

Connecting from Web Client (using Puffin):
https://i.imgur.com/r5x2g6r.jpg
Connecting from TV app:
https://i.imgur.com/YfMvo2L.png
4 Replies
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

RE: Cannot "Show Black Screen" when connecting from mobile

Dear @caucow

Thank you for your post and your screenshots.

Unfortunately, the "show black screen" function is currently not supported in TeamViewer remote apps for mobile devices.

Therefore i moved your post to the ideas board.

I've tested a connection from iPad to a windows device with Puffin Browser, there is a option for "show black screen" and it works very fine. 

:heart: THANKS FOR THE WORKAROUND :heart:

Wish you a nice day!

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by AlanHaden
Photon

Re: RE: Cannot "Show Black Screen" when connecting from mobile

Has anything changed on this?

I use my Android tablet to control my PC at home while I'm away. Is there a workaround or do I just have to wait for an update to Teamviewer?

Posted by emarzo
Henagon

Dear support

Is there any news?

It's really imortant thing - to surf on your remote PC without let it see to another peaple, what you are doing! It's not idea, as it exist on PC Teamviewer - it just not implemented on Mobile App - so it is not finished work! 

Please provide any answer did you plan it finish, and if yes approx when?

Thank you in advance

Em.

Posted by maniac333
Photon

It's been over 2 years and I just paid $1100 for Premium.  Are you going to address this anytime soon?