Posted by DarrenBL
Henagon

Creating meetings on behalf of other user

I have one admin responsible for scheduling appointments for 5 people.  Currently, we have to give her each individual person's team viewer ID and password so that she can log in as those people to be able to schedule meetings.  This breaks PCI Compliance rules.

What we need is a feature whereby one user can be given permission to manage the Team Viewer meetings for other Team Viewer users from the same organization or of specific people.  That way we could assign this user (who only creates meetings) permission to create meetings and nothing else without having to compromise the security of the other users.

4 Replies
Posted by Former Staff Andreas1
Former Staff

Re: Creating meetings on behalf of other user

Hi Darren,

with Blizz by TeamViewer each user has an own personal meeting ID.

The responsible admin now could use the personal meeting ID of each individual user to schedule meetings on behalf of the user using a third party scheduler, for example Outlook.. There is no need to log in as the user.

Please try http://www.blizz.com

Best Regards

Andreas

Posted by DarrenBL
Henagon

OK, so there's a different product with a different pricing model with different software to install.  That is neither convenient, nor helpful. If I wanted a different product with a different pricing model with this feature I would go back to using GotoMeeting or WebEx or something like that. We moved away from those products because we like the Meeting feature in Team Viewer and just want an admin to be able to create a meeting for a different user.

Does the existence of this product that is not Team Viewer mean that the Team Viewer team is not willing to add the ability to schedule a meeting on behalf of another Team Viewer user?

Posted by Former Staff Andreas1
Former Staff

Dear DarrenBL,

First of all Thank you very much for your reply and your honest feedback.

We are glad to hear, that you like the Meeting feature in TeamViewer and that you take advantage of the all-in-one-benefit of TeamViewer. Of course you are right, when you are saying that blizz is an additional software to install with an own pricing-model.

Therefore, I will gladly forward your request to the TeamViewer Product Management. Suggestions by our users are always highly appreciated since they allow us to improve TeamViewer every day. It is our utmost goal to make TeamViewer the best software for all our customers.

However, I cannot promise you if or when this feature will be implemented, as that decision is based on public demand. That is why I would like to encourage anyone else who would like the possibility of creating meetings on behalf of other users to give DarrenBL 's post a Kudo.

Thank you once again helping us to improve TeamViewer.

Best,

Andreas

Highlighted
Posted by FredrikN
Digon

You could create an app in the teamviewer admin and create a secure token store.
Please login once and you store the accesstoken for this user.

And when the application later creates meetings for them itr uses the access token using Teamviewer API