Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Custom QuickSteps: What are your needs?

Dear TV users!

A lot of TV users are asking for having custom QuickSteps next to our QuickSteps introduced in TeamViewer 12 (corporate and premium license) to simplify work.

To create the best solution for you we have some questions regarding your needs:

1. What concrete use cases do you have in mind to create custom QuickSteps for?
  2. Where would you expect to configure your own QuickSteps?
  3. Would you expect to be able to share your own QuickSteps within your company?

Feel free to post your ideas and needs and participate in improving TV!

Thanks a lot and best regards!

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
4 Replies
4 Replies
Posted by TMoulton
Henagon

Re: Custom QuickSteps: What are your needs?

The ability to launch the command prompt remotely to run commands on the desired machine without having to initiate a full teamviewer session.  ie Background CMD access)

Posted by kdbrich
Digon

The ability to launch any program. We should be able to customize a launch button pointing at a path. Like a desktop shortcut would be.
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi @kdbrich,

thank you for your input. We will consider your request for our further planning.

Do you already know about the new scripting feature with TeamViewer 14? If you create a script opening the application on the specific path and upload that to the Management Console, this might solve your problem.

For more information on scripts, please have a look at our article in the Knowledge Base.

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
Posted by kdbrich
Digon

Yes.   I'm aware of the scripts, and they may make my idea of custom shortcuts redundant.    I just figured it might be easy to have a quick shortcut right there with a remote connection rather than have to go through the web version.