Highlighted
Posted by Richster64
Henagon

Default File Transfer Sort Order feature request

We use the File Transfer facility a lot.

It is great that it remembers the folders last used for each connection.

What is annoying is that it always defaults to sorting by filename.  Around 95% of the time, I want the most recent file at the top because that is the file that I want to transfer, having just created it for analysis.  So I click on 'Modified' column and it gives me the oldest first! (Who ever wants to see the oldest files first, every time?)

So my feature request is a global default for the initial sort column and order, and then to remember the settings for each connection like it already remembers the folders.

2 Replies
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Re: Default File Transfer Sort Order feature request

Hi Richster64,

Thank you very much for your post and this feature request.

I am glad to hear that the file transfer feature is useful to you and that you use it on a regular basis.

I have forwarded your request to our product management. Suggestions by our users are always highly appreciated since they allow us to improve TeamViewer every day.

However, I cannot promise you if or when this feature will be implemented, as that decision is based on public demand.

That is why I would like to encourage anyone else who would like the files to be sorted from newest to oldest in the file transfer window to give Richster64's post a Kudo.

Thank you again for your valuable contribution and have a great day!

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
Posted by StephanK
Trigon

Re: Default File Transfer Sort Order feature request

Just want to support the request.

This is really annoying. And I mostly need to do it twice, for local and remote side.

Best regards

Stephan