Announcements

Shape the future of TeamViewer with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by Richster64
Henagon

Default File Transfer Sort Order feature request

We use the File Transfer facility a lot.

It is great that it remembers the folders last used for each connection.

What is annoying is that it always defaults to sorting by filename.  Around 95% of the time, I want the most recent file at the top because that is the file that I want to transfer, having just created it for analysis.  So I click on 'Modified' column and it gives me the oldest first! (Who ever wants to see the oldest files first, every time?)

So my feature request is a global default for the initial sort column and order, and then to remember the settings for each connection like it already remembers the folders.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by Former Staff Katharina
Former Staff

Re: Default File Transfer Sort Order feature request

Hi Richster64,

Thank you very much for your post and this feature request.

I am glad to hear that the file transfer feature is useful to you and that you use it on a regular basis.

I have forwarded your request to our product management. Suggestions by our users are always highly appreciated since they allow us to improve TeamViewer every day.

However, I cannot promise you if or when this feature will be implemented, as that decision is based on public demand.

That is why I would like to encourage anyone else who would like the files to be sorted from newest to oldest in the file transfer window to give Richster64's post a Kudo.

Thank you again for your valuable contribution and have a great day!

Katharina

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks!
1 Reply
Posted by StephanK
Trigon

Re: Default File Transfer Sort Order feature request

Just want to support the request.

This is really annoying. And I mostly need to do it twice, for local and remote side.

Best regards

Stephan