Announcements

Shape the future of the TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by mLipok
Heptagon

Host or just VPN Host for Linux

My clients migrating from from MS to Postgre SQL usualy on linux.
My problem is that I need connect to Linux as easy as to windows TVHost.
It will be good If I can make VPN via TeamViewerHost and connect to Xserver with mstsc.exe

EDIT: of course I need login to Linux server not to Linux with loged in user.

Regards,
mLipok , AutoIt MVP

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.

5 Replies
5 Replies
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Host or just VPN Host for Linux

Hi mLipok,

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer.

It will be a good idea if you install TeamViewer Full version on your PostgreSQL servers and connect directly to them, you can limit the outgoing connections on advanced options and set it up to start with system like a regular host on Windows.

Since version 11, TeamViewer offers headless access for those devices that doesn't have a GUI and connection is encrypted as always.

Regarding the VPN and a host version for Linux, is not available at the moment but I will forward your suggestion to our product management team.

Such ideas are always welcome, although we can not promise when or if this Feature will be implemented.

Decisions for new features are mainly based on customer's suggestions. 

Nevertheless, your feedback is crucial to us, as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer-based on our user's need.

Best Regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Posted by DevLATAM
Henagon

Please consider adding this feature. Regards.
Posted by donaldshimoda
Henagon

When will be ready? Is a must to corporate users! Sames to mac. Is unacceptable only in windows!
Posted by swsgo
Photon

I agree. Unfortunately, since this question has been asked for several years, and the answer is still 'no guarantees as to when or if', it is starting to look like 'never'.

Remote reboot is another function that needs implementation. Teamviewer- please see that these issues are addressed. MANY people will give you thanks and accolades...

Posted by xrkolovos
Photon

We need this feature too. We need to add teamviewer in Linux Servers and open vpn.