Highlighted
Posted by Appropiate
Henagon

How to remote access my work computer while it remains locked at work?

Hello,

I have used Windows Remote Desktop Protocol, and it allows me to remotely access my work computer while remaining locked at work, so no one at the office can use it nor see what i do on my work computer. When i remote access my work computer with TeamViewer though  it looks like my work computer gets unlocked and anyone can use it or see what i do on it.. Does TeamViewer have any feature that prevents this?

Thank you and best regards,

Sergio

5 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by DomLan
Heptagon
Solution

Re: How to remote access my work computer while it remains locked at work?

Hi @Appropiate

I try to give you two distinct informations. I think you'll be able to pair them properly.

First:
Look at this thread about the differences between RDP and TeamViewer

Second:
TeamViewer has a special feature that allows you to solve what is required. Once connected, from the menu Operation you can set "Black screen". Also in Property for specific device in Your Devices, you can set this option for next connection.

Remember that to use this feature you must install TeamViewer Monitor on target device.

2017-04-29_10-14-29.png

2017-04-29_10-20-23.png

I hope this help.

Regards

Domenico Langone
MCSD: App Builder
5 Replies
Posted by ka_
Digon

turn your monitor off?

Posted by DomLan
Heptagon
Solution

Hi @Appropiate

I try to give you two distinct informations. I think you'll be able to pair them properly.

First:
Look at this thread about the differences between RDP and TeamViewer

Second:
TeamViewer has a special feature that allows you to solve what is required. Once connected, from the menu Operation you can set "Black screen". Also in Property for specific device in Your Devices, you can set this option for next connection.

Remember that to use this feature you must install TeamViewer Monitor on target device.

2017-04-29_10-14-29.png

2017-04-29_10-20-23.png

I hope this help.

Regards

Domenico Langone
Posted by Appropiate
Henagon

Thank you very much Domenico! I recently found out about the option to set the black screen via the tool bar  located on the top of the screen, but i had to do it for every session and was not so happy for that. Your explanation to configure it in the properties of the specific device was what i was looking for. Thank you again!

Posted by DomLan
Heptagon

It was a pleasure to help you, Sergio
Welcome to TeamViewer Community.

Regards

Domenico Langone
Posted by JJho
Photon

I dont understand whatever language is demonstrated in the picture so please make another one? Thanks.