Announcements

TeamViewer is hiring Sales Representatives! Click here to see the open positions.

Posted by djshaps
Henagon

Indicating status of PC

Is it possible to automatically or manually change the status of a PC when you connect to it?

We have shared folders with PC's in them, and would like to indicate that someone is already connected to the PC.

So in Contacts and Computers, maybe change the colour to red when someone else has connected to the machine via Teamviewer

4 Replies
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

RE: Indicating status of PC

Dear @djshaps

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there is no option to set a status if someone is connected to the PC.

If a second session is started to a PC, you get only an overview in your session list, who is connected.

session list.JPG

I think, this is a cool suggestion. :smileyhappy: and forwarded your idea to our product management.

Thank you!

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
Posted by HTB
Henagon

Re: RE: Indicating status of PC

Any update on this particular feature?

We're missing that a lot as we run service programs from up to 8 pc's. It's a bit annoying having to shift through 3-4 pc's before finding one that isn't being used already. The green marker on the pc's in the app overview could change to yellow or something. 

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Dear HTB,

Thank you for your contribution. Unfortunately, this option is still a feature request. 

Although I can not promise when or if this feature will be implemented, as the decision is based on public demand. 

Nevertheless, your feedback is very important to us as we want to continue to develop TeamViewer based on our user's needs and demands.

If anybody else would like to have this feature, please give HTB's post a kudo.

Thank you.
Reyhan

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Reyhan
1 Reply
Posted by HTB
Henagon

While I like the fact you put the features being developed to the demand of the users, your approach is too weak.

Most who'd want a feature like this, would most likely except it to exist, and when seeing that it doesn't just stop searching for it. I doubt many will spend enough time to create accounts, read beyond the first answer that says "not there is no feature such as this".. Quite honestly most won't bother.

You need a much more effective way let peoples ideas through. The same as the idea thread, no one is going to read through hundreds of post and decide what to kudo.