Highlighted
Posted by Nixxon
Digon

Make team viewer match the computer name

In an enterprise computers are moved and renamed on a regular basis. Currently once TV is installed it takes the name of the computer at install. Once the name is changed it does not change in the console and you have to manually change it.

To increase productivity and ease of use TV should check the registry for the computer name field and update in the cloud. This is the biggest issue with this product and it's a hard sell to continue to use.

Such a small update could mean a much more user friendly product. I really hope people agree and this enhancement is implemented.
6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by bartlanz
Heptagon

Re: Make team viewer match the computer name

I like and do not like this idea all at the same time. I would say this would be good if you could impliment it through the TV Policies as an option.

If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos.
If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
Bart Lanzillotti
We Do IT USA
www.wedoitusa.com
Posted by Nixxon
Digon

I agree. If we could control it via policy that would be fine. I see a reason not to auto update it as well.
Posted by rwp16
Photon

This is an issue for our organization as well. It has been almost 2 years since this question was asked. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Posted by Nixxon
Digon

Nope and it’s one reason we decided to leave TV and switched to another company.
Posted by mortirs
Henagon

We just signed onto a corporate plan in December and we're already running into this issue. I'll be making the recommendation to go back to **Third Party Product** if this isn't implemented by the time our contract is up. This is a required feature.

Posted by tvuser
Digon

There is a workaround through an API script, it's a bit tricky to get working, but it's better than nothing.

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/API-and-Scripting/My-Powershell-Scripts-to-update-Computers-amp-...

And I agree, the product is complete garbage without this kind of basic feature.